Manufacturing Technician IV- 3rd Shift
Performs functions associated with cGMP manufacturing operations within the biologics production facility, including working with engineers in set-up and calibration tasks, as well as performing rework and quality testing related to the production of parts, components and final materials. Uses sophisticated programs (such as LIMS, SAP, automated control systems, etc.) to collect and evaluate operating data, which can be used to conduct on-line adjustments to products, instruments or equipment. Determines and may assist in developing methods and procedures to control or modify the manufacturing process. Key Responsibilities Include:
- Shipping finished materials.
- Maintaining inventory levels.
- Sampling of in process and raw materials.
- Running glass washer / autoclave.
- Buffer / media preparation.
- Equipment preparation (CIP / SIP).
- Cell culture (from vial thaw to production scale).
- Column chromatography.
- Tangential flow filtration.
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience), with 4+ years area specific relevant experience [OR]
- Associate's Degree in Science/Technical Degree with 6+ years of relevant experience [OR]
- High School diploma/GED and 8+ years of relevant experience required
- As a skilled specialist, completes tasks in resourceful and effective ways.
- Works on assignments requiring considerable judgment and initiative.
- Understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments.
- Often acts as a facilitator and team leader.