AbbVie is looking for a Systems Engineer to join their Combination Product Development team to contribute to the development and launch of exciting new drug / device combination products. As our Systems Engineer you will be responsible for the integration of multiple disciplines to assure robust patient-centric product performance and to provide input into robust manufacturing processes.
You will be able to lead and drive:
- User and Stakeholder Needs Definition
- Use Case Analysis
- System Requirements Definition
- System Design / Architecture
- Reliability Planning / Assessments
- System Performance Modelling
- System Integration
- System Risk Management
- Manufacturing System Test Requirements and Assessments
- System Verification Testing
- Design Validation
- Bachelors degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, biomedical engineering, or relevant subject
- 8+ years of experience
- Experience is strongly desired in user and stakeholder need definition; requirements definition; risk management, product architecture, and verification and validation of medical products.
- Strong analytical skills and experience with requirements management tools, V-model implementation, context diagrams, architecture diagrams, and interface management.
- Familiarity with device design controls, system decomposition, operational simulations, error budgeting, sensitivity analysis, reliability modeling and reliability prediction
- Strong decision making and communication skills.
- Experience leading projects and teams.
- Experience in vendor communication, management, deliverable acceptance testing
- Experience creating and managing project schedules and help identifying project risks and develop mitigation plans
- Advanced degree
- Experience with Human Factors
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners to enable higher performance.
- Learns fast, grasps the "essence" and can change course quickly where indicated.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated ability to work within a team environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled