Senior Manager, HR Communications
The senior manager operates as a strategic communications consultant to HR senior management to set the communications strategy and develop communications plans that help deliver positive outcomes for the HR programs and initiatives the company offers employees. He or she also proactively develops and maintains communications plans that raise awareness of the value of existing HR offerings. HR areas served may include Total Rewards and Operations, Talent & Development, Talent Acquisition, Culture and Diversity & Inclusion.
- Proactively seeks to understand both the company's and HR's strategy and priorities to develop global communications plans and strategies that align to it.
- Develops and provides oversight on the delivery of complex global communications plans to achieve the HR strategy and enhance the employee experience.
- Effectively manages client relationships with internal and external partners (Public Affairs, senior HR management, vendors, contractors, etc.).
- Recommends innovative approaches to delivering communications that effectively tell the AbbVie story and provide the overview, framework and “voice” for communications across all channels.
- Provides expertise and experience to produce interesting, timely and quality content in the different styles required to support the full spectrum of subject matter and the various communications channels utilized by communications.
- Oversees manager responsible for executing communications plans.
- Ensures all communications are consistent and aligned with the company's corporate brand identity, strategic direction, business philosophies and general practices.
Position Accountability / Scope:
The senior manager reports to the Director, HR Communications. The senior manager sets the strategy and manages delivery of high-visibility communications that have company-wide, global impact. The senior manager has responsibility for complex project management and must closely influence and coordinate with teammates, peers, and senior management on a global platform.
Bachelor's degree, preferably in journalism, public relations or other communication-related major.
- 10-15 years' experience with increasing responsibility in multiple communication roles in corporate or agency setting.
- Experience working with senior management a must.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver strategic counsel as well as tactical excellence in internal communications, executive communications and relationship management.
- Prior experience with HR communications strongly preferred, particularly in benefits, compensation, talent management and engagement/culture.
- Requires strong project management skills, exceptional verbal and written communication skills, diplomacy, and multitasking ability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled