Dir. Global Engineering, Project Engineering
An engineering professional responsible for leading large, strategic projects / programs through a matrix of cross-functional groups and individuals. Provides corporate guidance on activities related to strategic planning, market demand and trends, strategic opportunities and business needs, technological advances and legal requirements.
Key Responsibilities Include :
Key Responsibilities Include :
- Responsibilities of this engineering grade level inherently include and expand upon the responsibilities established for lower Project Management Track grade levels.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable policies and procedures. Ensures quality and effectiveness of key results of major projects within function through sound design, early risk assessments, and implementation of fallback strategies. Develops and assists in deployment of risk methodologies and implementation of fallback / mitigation strategies.
- Manages multiple, often concurrent global projects/programs and consistently meets expectations. Makes difficult decisions regarding priorities among projects/programs. Anticipates and understands the business needs and has a thorough knowledge of customer strategic needs and global challenges when developing a project/program scope.
- Leads the project/program team in using established PM tools and techniques to stay within authorized budget limits and achieve the overall project and organizational objectives. Develops project/program strategy to align and achieve key customer business objectives. Collaborates with leaders and experts to integrate project management best practices into strategies and tactics associated with the development of critical projects.
- Defines a vision for the future that aligns with corporate goals and critical business objectives when setting strategies for projects / programs. Leads and contributes to the development of long-term business and organizational strategies.
- Integrates experiences and approaches from multiple projects / disciplines to develop the best solution in the total business context. Proactively mentors, advises and shares knowledge and opinions with senior management. Manages the direction of global teams and task forces to develop and align procedures and standards.
- Anticipates trends and prioritizes challenges. Prepares and presents to executive management and obtains their buy-in for major programs. Serves as organization spokesperson on large strategic initiatives.
- A Bachelors Degree in Engineering, science, or closely related discipline is desired, or equivalent technical experience plus demonstrated competence, with a desired 18+ years of significant engineering and / or operational experience. A post-graduate education / degree is desired, and may contribute towards the desired years of experience.
- A career history marked by a consistent series of significant contributions and accomplishments.
- Demonstrated and been recognized for excellence in breadth and depth of knowledge in global project management.
- Interacts well with diverse groups across corporation and maintains strong working relationships with internal and external collaborators.
- Listens to and understands others' points of view and articulates tactfully and respectfully one's own perspective orally, in writing, and in presentations.
- Works well with other engineers in a collaborative, fast-paced goal-driven environment.
- Possesses interpersonal skills to negotiate and reconcile differences, while optimizing overall organizational goals.
- A technical background in health care, medical devices, biological, or pharmaceutical companies.
- Consistently demonstrated competency with financial systems and in fiscal control. Project accounting experience. Understanding and management of procurement & contracting processes.
- Formal Project Management training (preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled