Director, Global Multi-channel Strategy and Execution
Reporting to the Head of Global Multi-channel Strategy & Operations, this role requires an individual with strong business acumen, multi-channel expertise, strategic thinking skills and proven execution experience. They also need the ability to engage, influence and collaborate with different functions, therapeutic areas and geographies to deliver timely and high impact results. Key therapeutic areas will include Immunology, Oncology, HCV and Neuroscience for assets throughout the life-cycle (launch to mature). The Director, Global Multi-channel Strategy & Execution role will require active engagement with Customer Excellence (Business Intelligence, Marketing analytics, Marketing Excellence, Launch Excellence, Sales Force effectiveness), Marketing/Brand Management, Digital Innovation, Public Relations and Technology leaders across Global, Regional and Country levels. Key Responsibilities include:
- Lead the definition of key business challenges and needs for target audiences in multi-channel
- Design and embed Global Multi-channel strategy/planning frameworks and tools for Global/Area/Affiliates to better understand and engage Patients, Health Care Professionals and key stakeholders in personalized, integrated customer experiences which leverage the appropriate communication channels and the full potential of digital transformation in health care.
- Provide ongoing strategic advisory services to global teams and regional/country affiliates regarding multichannel / digital best practices and approaches which integrate with brand goals and overall business objectives.
- Lead with a big picture orientation while managing the depth across key areas of the global multi-channel transformation including: Traditional and evolving channel expertise; Content strategy and optimization; Analytics & insights; Change management/communication, Marketing and Customer Experience skill sets/acumen, Partnerships/Collaborations/Innovation; Platforms/technology, and Executive management.
- Work with Global / Area/Affiliate Brand teams on key initiatives/ pilots to identify and execute on multichannel / digital opportunities.
- Lead global multi-channel governance including: standard frameworks and guidance, best practice/learning sharing and investment prioritization in collaboration with functional teams (where appropriate), such as Public Affairs, Commercial IT, Brand Teams, Medical, Regulatory, Legal, and Market Access.
- Develop and manage strategic partnerships for Global multi-channel from assessment phase to pull-thru.
- Partner with brand teams/business intelligence to expand customer and market research insights and learning's using new multi-channel opportunities
- Create/develop a multi-channel stakeholder global community to share best practices, thought leadership and scale learning's/insights across markets, brands and customer sets.
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 10 years of leadership experience at the brand, country and/or global level of which at least 5 years is leading multi-channel in a healthcare organization/agency.
- Successful Large Business Unit/Brand Management with line management responsibility working in a high performing matrix organization
- Knowledge/experience of integrating multi-channel into Strategic Planning/Market Excellence Frameworks
- Strong collaboration, co-creation and influencing skills demonstrated across different levels and functions.
- Demonstrated/inspiring leading large-scale change and strategy transformations
- Demonstrated knowledge, experience and best practices with key multi-channel frameworks, tools, platforms and processes
- Demonstrated experience in delivering and measuring business outcomes from multi-channel strategies and investments
- Networking with external key stakeholders, thought leaders and influencers in multi-channel engagement and digital innovation to inform a compelling and differentiated approach to multi-channel
- Demonstration of a test and learn framework that was embedded as part of multi-channel execution to inform continuous improvement, learning and business decisions
- Demonstrated experience in leading a team and developing team members
- Able to demonstrate ability to multi-task and meet/exceed deadlines.
- Graduate degree in business or healthcare
- Leadership experience within and outside pharmaceutical/life sciences (with at least 5 years in pharma)
- Leading at both a brand/functional level and country/area/global level
- Demonstrated experience in creating cross-brand, customer-level strategies as well as brand strategies for multi-channel.