Senior Manager, Sales Training
The Senior Sales Training Manager is responsible for the team developing the sales franchise curriculum for AbbVie US sales representatives and sales management. This person will create, lead and work within cross functional teams made of participants from Training, Medical/ Clinical experts, Marketing, Sales Management, Medical, Regulatory, & Legal, MHC, other AbbVie Groups and external vendor partners. They must be confident in and comfortable with cross functional team structure and adept at collaboration /influence management. Position will also require manager to provide training design / development support. Leads and manages initiative and program design efforts involving external and internal organizations. Key Responsibilities: Leading the training strategy development process, including analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation of performance focused training curricula to continuously improve the capabilities of the AbbVie US Sales Organization overall and specifically, the Sales Franchises as well as the Nurse Ambassador Team.
- Developing the franchise training team (National Sales Trainers NST's) through effective coaching and leadership to deliver success in current trainer role and for development into future commercial leadership opportunities within AbbVie.
- Building effective relationships to work collaboratively with Senior Commercial Leaders, Cross-functional partners, Sales Excellence and other groups leading AbbVie learning initiatives, to drive performance through consistent development and delivery of effective commercial training.
- Responsible for implementing training curriculum to elevate the field base team efficacy in the areas of product and therapeutic knowledge, selling skills & objection handling as well as the competitive landscape.
Responsible for implementing training curriculum to elevate the Nurse Ambassador Team.
- Effectively represent the Sales Excellence leadership team
- Build and lead a team of highly effective trainers that build curriculum that fosters development of AbbVie Leadership Attributes and advances selling capabilities to drive performance within assigned sales franchises.
- Interact with and influence all levels of line management to plan, design and develop learning strategies that will contribute to the achievement of related business objectives for assigned sales franchises as well as the Nurse Ambassadors team.
- Demonstrates a passion for driving excellence, with a focus on performance results that fosters accountability within self, direct reports, the Sales Excellence department, commercial stakeholders, nurse ambassadors and training participants.
- Knowledge of applicable regulations and standards affecting Pharmaceutical Products specifically:
- 8-15years' experience in pharmaceutical / healthcare sales and sales management with demonstrated success in developing & leading effective sales teams required
- Strategic thinking & business planning skills, necessary to diagnose needs, develop, direct, and influence commercial training and organizational development strategies.
- Project management experience, managing cross-functional teams and/or external partners through large projects or initiatives.
- Experience in marketing, sales management, and/or commercial training preferred
- Knowledge of instructional design systems or extensive experience in training, development of training and curriculum design
- Experience in selling, negotiating and influencing without authority within complex commercial accounts
- Marketing or sales leadership experience