Associate Scientist II- Histology
Generate and analyze precise, reliable and reproducible data in a timely manner, under the direction of a more senior scientific leader. Demonstrate experimental precision and should possess general understanding of core discipline.
- Ability to consistently produce high quality histological slides
- Capable of performing or developing requested immunohistochemical techniques
- Recognize variations in tissue specimens
- Knowledge of chemical rationale of staining procedures
- Ability to recognize and deduce the probable cause of technical difficulties and respond accordingly
- Establish and exercise proper quality control
- Analyzes, interprets and evaluates results at each tissue processing step to maintain quality control
- Completely follow established experimental protocols and assess results with supervision.
- Recognize and report experimental variances.
- Apply basic scientific principles to research.
- Learn and effectively implement new experimental protocols and / or techniques. Maintain laboratory equipment and optimize laboratory operations for efficient use of time, laboratory supplies and reagents, when appropriate.
- Consult literature to understand scientific purpose of assignments. Impact projects predominantly through lab/ or pilot plant based activities.
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding code of conduct, safety, appropriate handling of materials, controlled drug and radioactive compounds, GxP compliance and animal care where applicable.
- B.S./B.A. Biology/ Chemistry or related field, with 3-5+ years relevant experience
- HT (ASCP) certification is preferred, but a candidate with strong biology skills and a willingness to learn may be considered
- Histotechnologist Certification (HT) preferred
- Immunohistochemistry (IHC) experience greatly preferred
- Applicable animal experience desired
- Ideally greater than 3 years of experience within a histology/ pathology laboratory within a GLP pharmaceutical company, CRO, hospital or diagnostic company. Capable of developing immunohistochemical protocols.
Other Desirable Attributes:
Ability to work and effectively communicate within a team environment
Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
Delivers timely and high quality results
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Independent analytical thinker
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled