2018 Experiential Intern (Graduate) - Regulatory Affairs
Oncology is a key therapeutic area for AbbVie, with a portfolio consisting of three marketed products — Imbruvica, Venclexta, and Empliciti — and a pipeline containing multiple promising new molecules that are being studied in nearly 200 clinical trials in 19 different types of cancer.
AbbVie is expanding its oncology hub on the West Coast, with three sites in the San Francisco Bay Area (Redwood City, South San Francisco, and Sunnyvale) focused on the discovery and development of novel oncology therapies. More than 1,000 AbbVie scientists, clinicians, and product developers with strong entrepreneurial roots work across these three sites. They combine their expertise in immuno-oncology, stem cells, and cell-signaling with their knowledge of bispecific antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs), and covalent-inhibitor technologies to discover and develop novel cancer treatments
Join Stemcentrx, AbbVie's South San Francisco, CA location, for our 2018 Experiential Summer Intern Program! Gain hands-on industry experience, work with a great team, and meet other motivated, science-oriented university students like yourself.
The program runs for 12 weeks and has two sessions, one starting at the end of May (semester system) or early June (quarter system). Due to the condensed duration of the program, we require all Interns to be available for the entire 12-week period in one or the other session. This is a paid internship. Summer Interns will participate in activities to learn pharmaceutical development and will present their work at a site-wide Poster Session at the end of their assignment.
We are hiring for multiple Summer Intern positions that span several groups and require candidates with the following elements:
- Eager to learn different aspects of the drug development business, and how it applies to making novel cancer drugs
- Prepared to work in a well-supported environment, with access to the tools, technologies and expertise necessary for success.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
Group: Regulatory Affairs
Under the supervision of a Regulatory Affairs team member, the intern will collaborate with cross functional teams to support regulatory submissions in the United States for Abbvie's investigational products. The team focuses on developing on developing novel oncology drugs and the position is located in South San Francisco.
The intern will assist with regulatory submissions and activities, including but not limited to helping with routine regulatory submissions (CMC and Clinical). The ideal candidate should have some prior experience the process of creating and maintaining regulatory tracking documents and spreadsheets. The intern may also assist in tracking competitive information utilizing databases, spreadsheets, and other tools under supervision and direction of senior team member. In addition, the intern may assist with activities in preparation for an initial Investigational New Drug (IND) application.
• Be enrolled as a Master's degree majoring in Regulatory Affairs or Health Policy
• Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (4.0 Scale)
• Possess strong written/verbal communication and presentation skills
• Interest in pursuing a Regulatory Affairs career path.
• Attention to detail and ability to learn quickly through study, training, and observation.
• Ability to make reasonable time-bound commitments and ensure follow-through.
• Microsoft Office Suite
• Return to university for at least 1 semester post-internship
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled