Research Associate/Senior Research Associate, Translational Sciences
CytomX Therapeutics is unlocking the potential of antibody therapeutics in oncology by developing a novel therapeutic antibody class of highly targeted Probody™ therapeutics. This Translational Sciences position is an opportunity to contribute to advancing the Probody platform in a fast-moving and dynamic R&D environment, and to help make a difference in the lives of cancer patients.
We’re looking for someone who is self-motivated, focused, detail-oriented, and collegial---the ideal candidate is intellectually curious and is interested in learning new skills, but is also able to do routine turn-the-crank work as needed. The successful candidate will work primarily at the bench, and will contribute to the preclinical and clinical development of multiple Probody programs by performing biomarker identification, developing and executing clinical assays, and developing custom antibody reagents.
- Develop and implement clinical biomarker assays
- Develop and characterize custom monoclonal antibodies
- Manage outsourced work (such as custom antibody generation) with CROs: evaluate proposals, supervise progress, maintain communication, etc.
- Perform immunohistochemistry (IHC) work as needed
- Independently design, execute, and analyze experiments; interpret data and plan experimental next-steps
- Use technical and target-related literature to identify new platforms and assay approaches
- Prepare and present data at internal and external meetings
- Keep accurate and up-to-date records; communicate results effectively
- BS or MS in biochemistry, cell biology, molecular biology, or a related field, with ~3-8 years of relevant industry experience
- Familiarity with standard laboratory techniques such as ELISA, qPCR, cell culture, etc.
- Experience with development and implementation of biomarker assays
- Expertise in capillary immuno-electrophoresis, IHC, or proximity ligation assays is a plus
- Competence in standard data analysis software (e.g. Excel, GraphPad Prism, SoftMax Pro)
- Motivated self-starter who can work independently and collaboratively in a dynamic team environment
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication is a must
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and the flexibility to align daily work with project needs are crucial
CytomX is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs. CytomX will not discriminate against any job applicant because of race, color, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.