This position performs routine administrative and physical tasks focused on warehouse receiving, material transfer and shipping. This position is responsible for performing day to day logistics activities according to schedule. This position will be responsible for assisting in all aspects of delivering a lean, optimized and efficient logistics function within a single facility. This position will work within a team environment to make problems visible & to take direction to promote performance excellence and compliance at all times.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- GMP Receipt/Inspection/Shipping: Responsible for receipt, inspection and shipment of materials. Utilizes SAP to record all receipts. Works with various groups to resolve discrepancies discovered during the receipt/inspection process. Prioritizes materials based on current schedule/needs. Puts material into warehouse locations after receipt using material handling equipment, including forklifts.
- GMP Picking Process: Responsible for picking of materials. This can involve pick lists generated by SAP as well as the use of hand held scanners.
- Material Control: Responsible for inventory control, including batch segregation during put-away process. Ensures proper transfer and storage of all raw materials, including proper temperature and hazmat considerations.
- Engage in daily receiving/warehousing/shipping operations and communicate problems, (i.e. material shortages,
equipment malfunctions, etc.) such objectives are achieved.
- Responsible for ensuring safety, environmental, quality and materials management procedures are followed on a daily basis
- Practice proper inventory control procedures at all times
- Assist with material transfers between multiple warehouses
- Participate in daily start up briefs and post shipping/receiving/warehousing debriefs
- Reinforce housekeeping practices (cGMP) on a daily basis
- Coordinate warehouse housekeeping efforts for all internal/external audits
- Ensure accurate receiving/warehousing records are kept on a daily basis
- Perform all company business in accordance with Government (cGMP, FDA, DEA, OSHA, and Safety) and CompanyPolicies, Procedures, Goals and Objectives.
- High School diploma is required. Some college course work is plus
- At least two (2) years of experience warehouse or supply chain experience in a GMP environment
- Familiarity with inventory control systems and computer office programs (Microsoft Office, SAP (WM / IM Modules)
- Must be willing to operate warehouse industrial material handling equipment as required
- Forklift and delivery cargo truck operation required
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
- Must have a valid California Driver's license.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability and willingness to work required over time
- Positive attitude with a strong desire for continuous learning.
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Must be proficient in MRP system (i.e. SAP)
- Responsible for assisting in the shipment of product/materials and or equipment as required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
- Must be 18 years of age or older
Boehringer Ingelheim is one of the world’s top 20 pharmaceutical companies and operates globally with approximately 50,000 employees. Since our founding in 1885, the company has remained family-owned and today we are committed to creating value through innovation in three business areas including human pharmaceuticals, animal health and biopharmaceutical contract manufacturing. Since we are privately held, we have the ability to take an innovative, longterm view. Our focus is on scientific discoveries and the introduction of truly novel medicines that improve lives and provide valuable services and support to patients and their families. Employees are challenged to take initiative and achieve outstanding results. Ultimately, our culture and drive allows us to maintain one of the highest levels of excellence in our industry. We are also deeply committed to our communities and our employees create and engage in programs that strengthen the neighborhoods where we live and work. Boehringer Ingelheim, including Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim USA, Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health USA, Inc., Merial Barceloneta, LLC and Boehringer Ingelheim Fremont, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status, including protected veteran status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to
submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
Boehringer Ingelheim is firmly committed to ensuring a safe, healthy, productive and efficient work environment for our employees, partners and customers. As part of that commitment, Boehringer Ingelheim conducts pre-employment verifications and drug screenings.