Postdoctoral Fellow Discovery Sciences
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a Johnson and Johnson Company is hiring a Postdoctoral Fellow, Discovery Sciences to study the molecular pharmacology of membrane proteins to be located in La Jolla CA.
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., is a fully integrated biopharmaceutical and biotechnology company. As a world leader in the field of biomedicines, Janssen discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases.
The new Lead Discovery team is a critical part of the Discovery Sciences (DS) organization in Janssen R&D, and is committed to the delivery of high quality chemical leads needed for the generation of small molecule clinical compounds in all five Janssen Therapeutic Area (TA) discovery teams. This mission requires deep scientific expertise in a number of disciplines including chemistry, cellular pharmacology, and screening technologies coupled with an ability to work collaboratively with internal and external partners. Building on a strong legacy of success, we are currently seeking an outstanding postdoctoral scientist to further our understanding of membrane targets.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are seeking a highly-motivated Postdoctoral Fellow to develop this exciting science.
The Postdoctoral Fellow will:
- Interact with Johnson and Johnson's computational and medicinal chemists and Lead Discovery biologists to identify and characterize novel allosteric modulators of therapeutically relevant membrane targets
- Conduct detailed pharmacological studies to elucidate mechanism of action
- Employ site-directed mutagenesis and biochemical studies to identify and characterize compound binding sites
- Develop biochemical assays or label-free technologies to measure target engagement
- Collaborate with therapeutic area biologists to evaluate effects of novel compounds on cellular function
- Have high impact, first author publications in the field of transporter, ion channel or GPCR molecular pharmacology
- A minimum of a Doctoral degree (e.g., Ph.D.) is required in a relevant discipline such as Biochemistry, Pharmacology, or Neuroscience.
Johnson & Johnson Companies are equal opportunity employers.
Primary Location: North America, United States, California, La Jolla
Organization: Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C
Job Function: Postdoctoral
United States-California-San Diego
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)