Senior Scientist/Associate Director/Director, Pharmacology
Vividion Therapeutics is seeking a highly-motivated Senior Scientist, Associate Director, or Director, Pharmacology to contribute to the identification and development of novel small-molecule drugs. Vividion is a privately held biotechnology company based in San Diego that is leveraging an innovative and proprietary chemical proteomics platform to efficiently discover novel drugs in multiple areas including oncology and immunology.
As an early stage startup company, Vividion is looking for energetic and experienced candidates with a desire to work in a fast-paced and dynamic team environment. The successful candidate will have extensive hands on experience actively leading in vivo and in vitro pharmacology studies.
Experience and education requirements:
- PhD with 10+ years of experience in Pharmacology, Biology, or related discipline (i.e., DVM)
- Expertise in standard dosing techniques in rodents (e.g., PO, IP, SC, IV), blood collection techniques (e.g., retro-orbital, cardiac puncture), and standard necropsy of major organs
- Experience with immuno-oncology models is ideal but not required
- Experience with other in vivo efficacy models in the fields of oncology, auto-immunity, and/or obesity is a plus
- Experience in planning and conducting in vivo IND-enabling studies
- Experience ensuring quality control and accurate analysis of data provided by CROs
- Strong communication skills as evidenced in public presentations and peer-reviewed literature
- Leadership and management qualities consistent with building strong teams, fostering spirited and productive debates, and balancing rational experiments
- Effective troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Be an effective team player and strong individual contributor, flexible, and able to handle multiple tasks and deliver high quality results under tight timelines
In addition to a competitive compensation package with stock options, Vividion also offers a comprehensive benefits package for our employees and their families, which includes medical, dental, life, disability insurance. For consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter referencing job AD-PHARM2018.02.13 to email@example.com.
Vividion Therapeutics, Inc. is an EEO employer.