Sr. Research Associate, Immunology and Cell Biology
IGM Biosciences is a privately held, biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of innovative therapeutic antibodies for the treatment of cancer, autoimmune disorders and infectious diseases. Since 2011, we have pioneered a new field of antibody development by creating novel IgM and IgA antibodies. Our proprietary platform of high avidity, natural and engineered human antibodies utilizes novel mechanisms of action that specifically target cell types involved in disease pathways. We are building a strong pipeline of biologics for oncology, infectious disease and immunology disease drug candidates.
We are looking for a Senior Research Associate with a background in Immunology or Cell Biology to join our growing and friendly team during this exciting time in our expansion. The successful candidate will play an integral role in the pre-clinical development of novel immuno-oncology therapeutics. S/he will perform standard immuno-assays, think laterally to solve problems, constantly improve work practices, and work productively as part of a team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for cell culture, developing and executing T cell assays
- Perform analysis with ELISAs other methods of cytokine/analyte analysis.
- Utilize multicolor flow cytometry in analysis
- Create and characterize stable cell line generation by transfection and other methods.
- Perform in vivo efficacy studies and develop/execute biochemical assays (e.g. protein purification, SDS-PAGE, etc.)
- Communicates own work effectively orally and in writing; presenting data in group meeting
- Performs literature searches and extracts relevant information from published information
- Reports and treats data with a high level of integrity and ethics
- Thoroughly and accurately documents experimental activities in laboratory notebooks
Desired Education, Skills and Experience:
- BS or higher degree in Immunology, Cell Biology or related scientific discipline
- 3-5 years of relevant industry experience
- Proficient with basic computer programs routinely used in a lab such as MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, GraphPad Prism, and FlowJo.
- Must be a proactive, persistent, independent and able to interpret results and determine next steps with minimal guidance.
- Highly organized with reliable time-keeping skills and able to maintain a detailed and well-organized notebook.
- Excellent interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Being a team player and respectful of others is a must.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, small start-up environment
The job description outlined above reflects general details as necessary to describe the primary functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, but should not be construed as an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may be asked to perform duties other than those mentioned above in order to cover absences or relief in the appropriate department to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.