Intern - Biostatistics
Pharmacyclics is committed to the development and commercialization of novel therapies intended to improve the quality and duration of life and to resolve serious unmet medical needs for cancer patients. Pharmacyclics is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV), a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company. Oncology is a key therapeutic area for AbbVie, with a portfolio consisting of three marketed products and a pipeline containing multiple promising new molecules that are being studied in more than 200 clinical trials for over 20 different types of cancer.
Value to the Intern:
Provide job shadowing experience for college statistics student including:
Value to Pharmacyclics:
- Experience in R programming and use of CRAN or Bioconductor libraries.
- Develop data and analysis apps and web services using R and Shiny.
- Experience with Shiny, ggplot2, tidyverse and R Markdown packages is a plus.
- Help review and summarize statistical and medical journals
- Assist in data output QC and checks
- Assist in organizing statistical reference files and statistical library
Has knowledge in statistical software packages (i.e. SAS, R), or experience with a programming language C++/ Java/ Python or similar.
- Complete at least one year of university studies prior to internship start date
Be an active student in good standing at an accredited university
Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0 or equivalent
Each Intern is expected to prepare a short presentation to their team to share what they have learned through their internship and how they hope their new knowledge will help them secure their future career. Presentations may be approximately 10-15 minutes long and should include visual aid (posters or PowerPoint).