Intern - Statistical Programming
Pharmacyclics is committed to the development and commercialization of novel therapies intended to improve the quality and duration of life and to resolve serious unmet medical needs for cancer patients. Pharmacyclics is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV), a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company. Oncology is a key therapeutic area for AbbVie, with a portfolio consisting of three marketed products and a pipeline containing multiple promising new molecules that are being studied in more than 200 clinical trials for over 20 different types of cancer.
More than 1,200 Pharmacyclics and AbbVie research scientists, clinicians, marketing, operations and corporate professionals work in the San Francisco Bay Area. They combine their expertise in immuno-oncology, stem cells, and cell-signaling with their knowledge of bispecific antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs), and covalentinhibitor technologies to discover and develop novel cancer treatments. Together, we are striving to outsmart cancer.
Value to the Intern:
Provide job shadowing experience for college statistics student including:
Value to Pharmacyclics:
- Experience in R programming and use of CRAN or Bioconductor libraries.
- Develop data and analysis apps and web services using R and Shiny.
- Experience with Shiny, ggplot2, tidyverse and R Markdown packages is a plus.
- Help review and summarize statistical and medical journals
- Assist in data output QC and checks
- Assist in organizing statistical reference files and statistical library
The Statistical Programming department seeks a motivated R Programming intern with experience in developing interactive web-based data driven applications deployed through the RStudio Shiny Linux server. This position is open to college student who is actively looking for a summer intern position. The requirements of this position are as the followings:
At least 1 year experience in R programming and use of CRAN or Bioconductor libraries.
Develop data and analysis apps and web services using R and Shiny.
Experience with rCharts, ggplot2, reshape2, dplyr and R Markdown packages is a plus.
Experience with d3js for creating tables and graph.
Programming experience with SAS and SQL is a plus.
Familiar with relevant operating systems, e.g. UNIX, Linux.
Statistics coursework relevant to internship scope of requirements.
Has knowledge in statistical software packages (i.e. SAS, R or JMP).
- Complete at least one year of university studies prior to internship start date.
- Be an active student in good standing at an accredited university.
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0 or equivalent.
Each Intern is expected to prepare a short presentation to their team to share what they have learned through their internship and how they hope their new knowledge will help them secure their future career. Presentations should be 10 - 15 minutes long and should include visual aid (posters or PowerPoint).