Intern - Pharmaceutical Sciences
Pharmacyclics is committed to the development and commercialization of novel therapies intended to improve the quality and duration of life and to resolve serious unmet medical needs for cancer patients. Pharmacyclics is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV), a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company. Oncology is a key therapeutic area for AbbVie, with a portfolio consisting of three marketed products and a pipeline containing multiple promising new molecules that are being studied in more than 200 clinical trials for over 20 different types of cancer.
More than 1,200 Pharmacyclics and AbbVie research scientists, clinicians, marketing, operations and corporate professionals work in the San Francisco Bay Area. They combine their expertise in immuno-oncology, stem cells, and cell-signaling with their knowledge of bispecific antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs), and covalent-inhibitor technologies to discover and develop novel cancer treatments. Together, we are striving to outsmart cancer.
- Support liquid and solid dosage formulation screening studies for various early phase programs
- Prepare various formulations as per study design
- Perform physicochemical analyses of formulations and tabulate data
- Assist with design and execute various stability studies to support formulation development
- Summarize data, interpret and present to various teams as needed
- As directed, support in building and maintaining databases
- Perform general laboratory tasks and maintain the Pharmaceutical Sciences Lab.
- Proficient with computer skills.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills. Must be able to follow directions.
- Good record keeping and detail oriented self-starter.
- Complete at least one year of university studies prior to internship start date
- Experience with general chemistry lab techniques.
- Be an active student in good standing at an accredited university
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0 or equivalent