Intern - Clinical Operations
Pharmacyclics is committed to the development and commercialization of novel therapies intended to improve the quality and duration of life and to resolve serious unmet medical needs for cancer patients. Pharmacyclics is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV), a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company. Oncology is a key therapeutic area for AbbVie, with a portfolio consisting of three marketed products and a pipeline containing multiple promising new molecules that are being studied in more than 200 clinical trials for over 20 different types of cancer. More than 1,200 Pharmacyclics and AbbVie research scientists, clinicians, marketing, operations and corporate professionals work in the San Francisco Bay Area. They combine their expertise in immuno-oncology, stem cells, and cell-signaling with their knowledge of bispecific antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs), and covalent-inhibitor technologies to discover and develop novel cancer treatments. Together, we are striving to outsmart cancer. General Position Summary/Purpose: Provide temporary support to members of the Clinical Operations team with the execution of clinical trials in accordance to SOPs, regulatory agencies and ICH-GCP guidelines Key Accountabilities/Core Job Responsibilities:
- Support analysis of performance trends in site performance, enrollment, and predictive analytics.
- Potential to work on process documentation, operational improvement ideas to project planning.
- Support Phase 3 study activities and will interact with study team to ensure all data and information needed aligns with study milestones and timelines.
- Creating / refreshing / updating / maintaining Sharepoints sites
- Identify and escalate issues appropriately
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must have demonstrated strong interest in learning of relevant clinical operations activities
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
Complete at least second year of university studies prior to internship start date
- Currently enrolled and in good standing at an accredited college/university
- BA/BS in scientific discipline is highly preferred, but not required
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0 or equivalent