Pharmacyclics is committed to the development and commercialization of novel therapies intended to improve the quality and duration of life and to resolve serious unmet medical needs for cancer patients. Pharmacyclics is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV), a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company. Oncology is a key therapeutic area for AbbVie, with a portfolio consisting of three marketed products and a pipeline containing multiple promising new molecules that are being studied in more than 200 clinical trials for over 20 different types of cancer.
More than 1,200 Pharmacyclics and AbbVie research scientists, clinicians, marketing, operations and corporate professionals work in the San Francisco Bay Area. They combine their expertise in immuno-oncology, stem cells, and cell-signaling with their knowledge of bispecific antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs), and covalent-inhibitor technologies to discover and develop novel cancer treatments. Together, we are striving to outsmart cancer.
To learn more about us, please visit us at http://www.pharmacyclics.com/
Pharmacyclics is seeking a
Security Manager, Facilities
We are looking for a Site Security manager to organize and oversee all security operations at our Sunnyvale campus. Security personnel will be under your command while you develop and implement policies and procedures to maintain security standards.
As security manager, you will have to demonstrate excellent surveillance and emergency response skills. You will need a strong commitment to security rules and knowledge of all hazards and threats to safety.
The goal of this position is to create and preserve an environment where employees, visitors and property are safe, secure and protected.
- Develop and implement security policies, protocols and procedures at multiple locations
- Control budgets for security operations and monitor expenses
- Recruit, train and supervise security officers and guards
- Attend meetings with other managers to determine operational needs
- Plan and coordinate security operations for specific events
- Coordinate staff when responding to emergencies and alarms
- Review reports on incidents and breaches
- Oversee badge access control system (LENEL) and ensure compliance with GxP regulations
- Create reports for management on security status
- Analyze data to form proposals for improvements (e.g. implementation of new technology)
- Ensure security systems (Cameras, Software, Badge Readers etc.) are maintained
- Proven experience as security manager or similar position with at least 2-3 years' experience managing others
- Experience using relevant technology and equipment (LENEL, ENVOY, EXACQ Vision)
- Experience in reporting and emergency response planning
- Excellent knowledge of security protocols and procedures
- Solid understanding of budgeting and statistical data analysis
- Working knowledge of MS Office, especially MS Word and MS Power Point
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills
- Committed and reliable
- High school diploma; Further education in security administration or similar field will be an asset