Senior Manager, Sales Operations
Pharmacyclics is committed to the development and commercialization of novel therapies intended to improve the quality and duration of life and to resolve serious unmet medical needs for cancer patients. Pharmacyclics is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV), a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company. Oncology is a key therapeutic area for AbbVie, with a portfolio consisting of three marketed products and a pipeline containing multiple promising new molecules that are being studied in more than 200 clinical trials for over 20 different types of cancer.
More than 1,200 Pharmacyclics and AbbVie research scientists, clinicians, marketing, operations and corporate professionals work in the San Francisco Bay Area. They combine their expertise in immuno-oncology, stem cells, and cell-signaling with their knowledge of bispecific antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs), and covalent-inhibitor technologies to discover and develop novel cancer treatments. Together, we are striving to outsmart cancer.
To learn more about us, please visit us at http://www.pharmacyclics.com/
Pharmacyclics is seeking a
Senior Manager, Sales Operations
The Senior Manager of Sales Operations will be responsible for driving and measuring sales force performance, as well as providing subject matter expertise and insights with a primary focus on Targeting, Alignment, Incentive Compensation, and data governance. Additionally, the Sales Operations Senior Manager will play key role in collaboration with commercial leadership, brand partner's teams, marketing team, IT teams, to attain common objectives and to support data-driven business strategy.
- Develop and implement analysis that identify national and sub-national drivers behind sales performance including sales trends, market share and customer target plan including segment and priorities.
- Support various field sales force by being the primary point of contact for all questions from salesforce supporting them around questions on tools such as CRM, Tableau, Reporting, Data, Insights and other Sales Operations deliverables.
- Responsible for identifying targets, segmentation and Call Plan optimization and reporting adherence to call-plan
- Implement and maintain solutions and processes to make sure all accounts are alignment correctly and as per each salesforce
- Responsible for end-to-end incentive compensation process including preparing IC plan, goal settings for multiple sales forces, regular updates on sales performance KPIs, IC payouts and IC reporting
- Partner effectively and collaborate with cross-functional teams like Data Management, Market Analytics, Market Access, Training and IT to provide holistic approach on business situations that affect Sales Operations deliverables.
- Responsible for building insightful regular and adhoc analysis through creating and managing IDNs, parent child relationship, affiliation analysis, market share (sub-national performance)
- Lead data stewardship initiatives and work closely with IT organization, esp. MDM, EDW and CRM teams and third party data vendors to ensure the best of data accuracy and sufficiency
- Develop training, communication and support plans that influence adoption of field efficiency tools.
- Champions compliance, effectiveness, and efficiency in process and policies
- Focus on improving quality and productivity through automation
- Team Management of 2+ employees: Hire, manage and develop direct reports
- BA or BS degree required, MBA, Masters is preferred
- 8+ years of analytics experience, preferably in the Pharma/BioTech industry
- Proficiency in reporting and data analytics tools like SAS (Base and Macro), Excel, Powerpoint, VBA, Tableau
- Experience on CRM tools such as Veeva and knowledge of data warehouse processes
- Experience with 3rd party pharmaceutical data like IMS Sales Data (DDD, Xponent, NPA), and Specialty pharmacy data. Knowledge of medical/retail claims data a plus
- Demonstrated ability to structure and conduct analyses to generate insight and recommendations
- Exceptional ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, with changing priorities and significant time pressures
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) required along with strong project/process management skills.
- Experience in leading teams and people management
- Previous experience in oncology is required and experience specifically in hematology is a plus
- Bachelor Degree. MBA or other related graduate-level degree is a plus