Intern - Talent Management
Pharmacyclics is committed to the development and commercialization of novel therapies intended to improve the quality and duration of life and to resolve serious unmet medical needs for cancer patients. Pharmacyclics is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV), a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company. Oncology is a key therapeutic area for AbbVie, with a portfolio consisting of three marketed products and a pipeline containing multiple promising new molecules that are being studied in more than 200 clinical trials for over 20 different types of cancer. More than 1,200 Pharmacyclics and AbbVie research scientists, clinicians, marketing, operations and corporate professionals work in the San Francisco Bay Area. They combine their expertise in immuno-oncology, stem cells, and cell-signaling with their knowledge of bispecific antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs), and covalentinhibitor technologies to discover and develop novel cancer treatments. Together, we are striving to outsmart cancer. General Position Summary/Purpose: Interns at Pharmacyclics are assigned to Talent Management in the Human Resources Department where they work to complete a project or projects in a domestic setting. Key Accountabilities/Core Job Responsibilities: The internship is approximately 10 weeks in length and includes a final presentation of the project results to senior leaders and colleagues. The Talent Management internship program will provide you with access to industry experts and senior leadership. Additionally, there are numerous networking opportunities throughout the summer. Qualifications:
- Academic or work experience in Human Resources, instructional design concepts, facilitation skills, project management, learning development coordination skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Self-motivated, adaptable to a dynamic environment
- Able to collaborate effectively with cross-functional team members
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Track record of accomplishment and commitment to excellence
- Attention to detail and willingness to roll-up sleeves to get the job done
- Proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Complete at least one year of university studies prior to internship start date.
Be an active student in good standing at an accredited university.
Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0 or equivalent.