Intern - IT Web/Customer Service
Pharmacyclics is committed to the development and commercialization of novel therapies intended to improve the quality and duration of life and to resolve serious unmet medical needs for cancer patients. Pharmacyclics is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV), a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company. Oncology is a key therapeutic area for AbbVie, with a portfolio consisting of three marketed products and a pipeline containing multiple promising new molecules that are being studied in more than 200 clinical trials for over 20 different types of cancer. More than 1,200 Pharmacyclics and AbbVie research scientists, clinicians, marketing, operations and corporate professionals work in the San Francisco Bay Area. They combine their expertise in immuno-oncology, stem cells, and cell-signaling with their knowledge of bispecific antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs), and covalent-inhibitor technologies to discover and develop novel cancer treatments. Together, we are striving to outsmart cancer. Value to the Intern Responsibilities for the IT intern will be diverse. In particular, the IT intern system analyst activities may include the following duties/aspects (individually or as a team) for small projects:
- Work with internal customers to solve a wide range of IT requests/support issues.
- Proactively monitor IT support areas in support of management and suggest potential fixes (prevention, training.) Areas range from infrastructure, applications, desktop, and connectivity.
- Work with internal customers to clarify business requirements, map them to systems capabilities, and recommend technical solutions.
- For potential Web and Mobile applications, help convert business requirements into technical terms and participate / lead the development depending on the complexity.
- Document changes and create troubleshooting guides.
- May need to work on several projects simultaneously in teams with other Systems Analysts and developers.
- Communication and ability to provide great customer service
- Solving an issue from A to Z by leveraging proper planning, organization and project management
- Wide exposure to technologies
- Idea is to potentially convert to hire especially in the customer support area (one req to be open in Q4 2014)
- Projects and accountabilities of the IT intern will be a mix of a helpdesk resource as well as web/mobile analyst
- Complete at least second year of university studies prior to internship start date
- Currently enrolled and in good standing at an accredited college/university
- BS Degrees: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, technical MBA or similar degrees.
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0 or equivalent