Sr. Director, Business Applications
Pharmacyclics is committed to the development and commercialization of novel therapies intended to improve the quality and duration of life and to resolve serious unmet medical needs for cancer patients. Pharmacyclics is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV), a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company. Oncology is a key therapeutic area for AbbVie, with a portfolio consisting of three marketed products and a pipeline containing multiple promising new molecules that are being studied in more than 200 clinical trials for over 20 different types of cancer.
More than 1,200 Pharmacyclics and AbbVie research scientists, clinicians, marketing, operations and corporate professionals work in the San Francisco Bay Area. They combine their expertise in immuno-oncology, stem cells, and cell-signaling with their knowledge of bispecific antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs), and covalent-inhibitor technologies to discover and develop novel cancer treatments. Together, we are striving to outsmart cancer.
Pharmacyclics is seeking for Senior Director, Business Applications.General Position Summary: Reporting to VP/Head of IT, the Sr. Director of Business Applications role is responsible for the application strategy and leadership for R&D and Commercial Business Applications group in company. This Sr. Director plays an influential role as a member of senior leadership team in shaping technology and business strategy. The Sr. Director of Business Application is also responsible for the coordination of all IT operations in close collaboration with the IT leadership team, with the primary goal of ensuring the availability, performance, scalability, and security of the internal and external corporate systems. This individual is responsible for understanding business direction and needs, to drive formulation of solutions and roadmaps. Key Accountabilities/Core Job Responsibilities:
Assess and drive IT technology roadmap for Business Application group
Provide strategic leadership across multiple business functions
Foster a strong customer service mind-set throughout the Business Application Services team, while championing thought leadership and innovation as business partners
Collaborate with senior ITLT colleagues to ensure all Roadmaps/Application Development projects are managed as an Enterprise portfolio
Collaborate with senior leadership and business areas to determine technology needs and priorities necessary to achieve business objectives.
Be a trusted advisor to business partners regarding technology concerns, concepts, and opportunities.
Oversee the planning, control and management of the Application; Oversee policies and procedures related to operation; develop strategic relationships with other team members and partner across the IT team
Provide oversight and management to the business application group; direct, develop, and provide leadership to the business application group and operations team
Protect our brand and reputation by safeguarding our assets, and maintaining compliance with all governing policies; assure all relevant internal financial, data privacy and security policies are met.
Qualifications and Requirements (degree, certifications, etc. and other requirements):
- 15+ years of professional experience in IT managing applications portfolio for Pharmaceutical company in R&D and Commercial area.
- 10+ years of proven leadership at a senior level directing a team of manager direct reports and associate staff.
- Familiar with R&D and Commercial System applications in Pharmaceutical domain.
- Significant experience leveraging strong technical, analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills within Information Technology disciplines such as software engineering, design and development, application integration, outsourcing, IT governance, application architecture, security.
- Experience in IT Applications operation strategy, planning and implementation.
- Experience in the application of ITIL to the delivery of IT services.
- Strong understanding of the Pharmaceutical - Drug Development lifecycle, GxP regulations, 21 CFR Part 11 and Annex 11 procedures. Familiarity with GxP validation concepts is preferred.
- Must have proven business and technology skills, with success providing customer-oriented technology solutions environment.
- Must be a fast-paced and solution-focused "driver" for results in a performance culture, but also achieve results in a collaborative manner.
- Must be an effective communicator and considered to be a developer of people who is comfortable working with a broad cross section of people in direct and matrixed relationships.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Business and/or an advanced degree.