Director PMO Development Operations
Pharmacyclics is committed to the development and commercialization of novel therapies intended to improve the quality and duration of life and to resolve serious unmet medical needs for cancer patients. Pharmacyclics is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV), a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company. Oncology is a key therapeutic area for AbbVie, with a portfolio consisting of three marketed products and a pipeline containing multiple promising new molecules that are being studied in more than 200 clinical trials for over 20 different types of cancer.
More than 1,200 Pharmacyclics and AbbVie research scientists, clinicians, marketing, operations and corporate professionals work in the San Francisco Bay Area. They combine their expertise in immuno-oncology, stem cells, and cell-signaling with their knowledge of bispecific antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs), and covalent-inhibitor technologies to discover and develop novel cancer treatments. Together, we are striving to outsmart cancer.
Pharmacyclics is seeking for a Director PMO Development Operations
General Position Summary/Purpose:
The Director of PMO Development Operations is a role within the Pharmacyclics Project Management Office (PMO) that is responsible for overseeing Project Management Office systems and processes, as well as supporting Clinical Operations by ensuring all clinical program goals and development deliverables are met throughout the lifecycle of each product. The Director is accountable for driving cross-functional planning and effective study execution, enabling financial and portfolio analyses, and ensuring alignment with the Integrated Project Plan timelines. The Director manages a team of 3+ project managers and system administrator(s), and reports to the Head of Project, Portfolio, and Alliance Management.
Key Accountabilities/Core Job Responsibilities:
- Process owner for PMO systems and process improvement
- Oversee Pharmacyclics Project and Portfolio Management system (CA PPM), including working with IT and external vendors to implement new functionalities and enhancements
- Serve as the process owner for PM methodologies for development and support systems across teams, partnering with PMs and teams to drive consistency
- Oversee creation and delivery of training associated with the PPM tool, new processes, and project management methodologies
- Seek improvements for Pharmacyclics Project Management practices and drive implementation in partnership with PMs and teams
- 8-10+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry in a variety of roles associated with drug development (research and development, commercial, project management, operations)
- Minimum of 5 years leading drug development teams as a cross-functional project manager
- Oncology/Hematology experience is preferred
- Experience with Project and Portfolio Management (PPM) system such as CA PPM, Microsoft Project Server, Planisware or equivalent required
- Experience overseeing implementation and/or administration of PPM system preferred
- Minimum of 5 years directly managing staff and building staff capabilities
- Advanced degree is preferred (e.g. MS, PhD, MBA) or commensurate experience
- Strong strategic thinking and leadership skills
- Seasoned communication skills and executive presence
- Broad knowledge of program management practices in the pharmaceutical industry