Sr Enterprise Programmer Analyst, Analytics
Pharmacyclics is committed to the development and commercialization of novel therapies intended to improve the quality and duration of life and to resolve serious unmet medical needs for cancer patients. Pharmacyclics is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV), a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company. Oncology is a key therapeutic area for AbbVie, with a portfolio consisting of three marketed products and a pipeline containing multiple promising new molecules that are being studied in more than 200 clinical trials for over 20 different types of cancer. More than 1,200 Pharmacyclics and AbbVie research scientists, clinicians, marketing, operations and corporate professionals work in the San Francisco Bay Area. They combine their expertise in immuno-oncology, stem cells, and cell-signaling with their knowledge of bispecific antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs), and covalent-inhibitor technologies to discover and develop novel cancer treatments. Together, we are striving to outsmart cancer. Pharmacyclics is seeking for Sr Enterprise Programmer Analyst, Analytics General Position Summary/Purpose: Ability to perform moderately complex project and analytical work in a wide range of business intelligence activities that ensure the uniformity, accuracy, and semantic consistency of enterprise data through the application of effective data management, security, stewardship, and governance processes. Key Accountabilities / Core Job Responsibilities:
- Perform fit-gap analysis comparing existing reporting solutions with BI strategy and assess compliance with best practices.
- Perform assigned activities involving decision support systems, query and reporting, online analytical processing. Develop insightful business intelligence reports (KPIs, metrics, adhoc queries), dashboards. Clean and transform data as required to deliver actionable information.
- Evaluate complex business data sets to correlate them to business objectives and results and derive insight that will inform business decisions
- Utilizes BI tools designing and building the reporting environment
- Use reports and analyses to identify potentially problematic data, make corrections, and eliminate root cause for a range of complex data problems
Major in Computer Science, Business or related subject
In-depth knowledge of analytical and business intelligence tools such as Tableau, SAP Business Objects and SQL
Ability to understand and apply the SDLC and project management techniques.
Can multi-task and manage multiple IT projects running in parallel working within a team or independently
Excellent communication and documentation skills
Strong attention to detail and well organized
Self-starter and tenacious problem solver