Associate Director, Project Management
Pharmacyclics is committed to the development and commercialization of novel therapies intended to improve the quality and duration of life and to resolve serious unmet medical needs for cancer patients. Pharmacyclics is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV), a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company. Oncology is a key therapeutic area for AbbVie, with a portfolio consisting of three marketed products and a pipeline containing multiple promising new molecules that are being studied in more than 200 clinical trials for over 20 different types of cancer.
More than 1,200 Pharmacyclics and AbbVie research scientists, clinicians, marketing, operations and corporate professionals work in the San Francisco Bay Area. They combine their expertise in immuno-oncology, stem cells, and cell-signaling with their knowledge of bispecific antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs), and covalent-inhibitor technologies to discover and develop novel cancer treatments. Together, we are striving to outsmart cancer.
Pharmacyclics is seeking for an Associate Director, Project Management
We are seeking an Associate Director of Project Management who will serve as a strategic partner on cross-functional strategy and life cycle management team(s), working closely with team lead(s) to drive cross-functional alignment, planning for, and generation of team deliverables. This position will report into the Head of Project, Portfolio, and Alliance Management and be located in the Sunnyvale office of Pharmacyclics.
Key Accountabilities/Core Job Responsibilities
- Drives and contributes to Integrated Brand Team(s) strategies and aligned execution
- Serves as a core member of one or several Integrated Brand Team(s) and coordinates IBT activities and deliverables
- Partners with IBT team lead(s) and cross-functional team to develop and present disease-specific brand strategy for late stage pipeline / marketed asset(s)
- Ensures clear translation of asset strategy to integrated execution plans across functions
- Proficiency with common project management tools, practices, methodology, and MS Project.
- Ability to effectively plan, prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks and adjust to changing priorities to deliver results to tight deadlines
- Ability to think critically, interpret regulations and/or standards, apply them to changes and determine resulting course of actions
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to develop important relationships with customers and key stakeholders, good conflict management skills.
- Ability to interface successfully with all levels of internal organization and external partners is required.
- Strong influencing and interpersonal skills including negotiation, managing meetings and group dynamics, ability to balance concerns of line management with objectives of cross functional team
- Strong knowledge and understanding of global drug product development
- Ability to rationalize both strategically and tactically and be able to present recommendations to senior leaders and key stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree in science with preferred graduate level or related degrees (MS, MBA, PhD)
- 8+ years project management experience with large cross-functional teams
- 5+ years project management experience in cross-functional across clinical development including late stage assets up to regulatory filings in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry
- Commercial project management experience a plus
- Demonstrated experience using standard program management tools and software including integrated development plans, timelines, risk management, budget development and monitoring
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification a plus
- Oncology/Heme-Onc experience a plus
- Must have good understanding of Project Management governance best practices