Reference Code – 560
Position description and scope:
The successful candidate will be a member of a Biology Team and will provide important research experience and skills for the organization. Reporting to the Associate Director, the incumbent will have the opportunity to participate in various aspects of the drug discovery process: from target identification/validation, lead identification/optimization, through to nomination of clinical candidate and assisting in IND-enabling activities. Candidates who possess strong scientific curiosity and have a proven track record of elucidating complex biological processes (including molecular and cellular mechanism of actions) are encouraged to apply.
- Independently design, develop, validate and perform various cell-free and cell-based assays to elucidate the mechanism/function of specific molecular targets and to evaluate the activity of potential microRNA therapeutics in vitro.
- Independently identify, plan and coordinate the completion and analysis of various animal studies in applicable preclinical disease models to determine/validate the function of specific molecular targets and to evaluate the preclinical efficacy and safety of potential microRNA therapeutics in vivo.
- Maintain a high level of familiarity and understanding of the current literature on microRNA biology and novel technologies and how they relate to specific therapeutic areas of interest - leveraging those knowledge to support existing programs and to explore/propose novel molecular targets opportunities.
- Participate in various activities of the drug discovery process: from target identification/validation, lead identification/optimization, through to nomination of clinical candidate and assisting in IND-enabling activities.
- Highly qualified candidate who desires the opportunity to grow as a drug discovery scientist and a project team leader in the field of microRNA therapeutics is strongly encouraged to apply.
- PhD in Biology or related discipline
- At least 2-5 years of drug discovery experience in a biotech or pharm industry.
- An independent molecular/cell biologist with a strong publication record.
- Experience with both in vitro and in vivo models for cancer and/or kidney biology is preferred. Technical expertise with genetically-engineered mouse models is a plus.
- Experience in working with and managing CROs and academic collaborations is desired.
- Working understanding of the principles of pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamic is desirable. Basic understanding of oligonucleotides drug discovery is a plus.
- Strong experience in various cell and molecular biology techniques including, cell culture (primary and stable cell lines), transfection, stable cell line generation, FACS analysis, MACS cell separation, ELISA, RNA purification, RT-qPCR, and other standard cell-based or biochemical assays, are required.
- Experience working with animal models for various therapeutic areas, including dosing of rodents (IV, SC, IP, PO) and harvesting/processing of tissue samples is expected.
- Proficiency in basic computer data analysis and presentation applications: e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Effective interpersonal skills, including both written and oral communication skills
- Highly organized, Strong analytical skills, highly attentive to details, and strong work ethic
- Ability to work within schedules and deadline
- Team player, intensely committed to success and getting the job done well in a highly dynamic environment
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and function in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently while also willing to follow protocols
- Willingness to rapidly learn new laboratory and data analysis methods
- Demonstrated ability to generate reproducible results, and to teach others
Regulus Therapeutics Inc. (Nasdaq: RGLS) is a biopharmaceutical company leading the discovery and development of innovative medicines targeting microRNAs. Regulus has leveraged its oligonucleotide drug discovery and development expertise to develop a well-balanced microRNA therapeutics pipeline complemented by a rich intellectual property estate to retain its leadership in the microRNA field. Regulus is advancing several programs in renal, hepatic and central nervous systems diseases.
Regulus is located in La Jolla, California and is led by a seasoned executive team experienced in corporate management, business, science, drug discovery and development. Regulus' scientific advisory board consists of world-class scientists and some of the foremost authorities in the field of microRNA research.
Excellent salary and benefits package offered.
For immediate consideration, please apply to email@example.com
You can visit our website to find out more about our company and culture: www.RegulusRx.com.
Reference job code: 560
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY
Regulus Therapeutics, Inc, is proud to be an EEO Employer.