ViewPoint Therapeutics is an early stage biotechnology company with a mission to translate basic science into innovative therapies and to serve patients around the world. We are focused on the development of small molecule treatments for protein misfolding diseases, including cataracts. ViewPoint operates out of the QB3/JLabs biotech incubator in the Dogpatch neighborhood of San Francisco and was founded in 2014.
ViewPoint is in search of a self-motivated, talented, entrepreneurial research scientist to carry out studies characterizing new drug candidates in a full-time position. We have a small team, so this is an opportunity to make a significant impact on the success and early trajectory of the company and to grow along with us.
Education and experience:
PhD in biochemistry, biophysics or related subject in the life sciences
The ideal candidate will also have 2+ years of experience working in a biotechnology startup environment
• Characterize protein-ligand interactions and protein-protein interactions
• Carry out mechanistic studies probing protein structure and function
• Develop quantitative biophysical ligand binding assays for use in driving structure-guided optimization
• Contribute to technical reports, manuscripts, and patents
• Present results at technical meetings and conferences
• Work collaboratively with team members to accomplish organizational goals
This list of job duties is not exhaustive and may be revised from time to time per business needs.
Special skills, abilities, and requirements:
• Proven ability to design and perform experiments, analyze data, perform troubleshooting and optimize protocols independently without supervision
• Must be resourceful, creative, and excited to work in a dynamic and fast-paced start-up environment
• Excellent interpersonal and oral/written communication skills
• Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
• Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
• Stock compensation plan
• Platinum health, dental, and vision benefits
• Flexible work schedule
ViewPoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Projected start date: April 2018
If you are interested, we’d love to hear from you. If you have any questions, you may contact us at email@example.com. Please include a cover letter with your resume and attach any relevant publications. Thank you!