Senior SharePoint Developer
Founded in 1979, Technical Resources International, Inc. (TRI) provides a unique range of support services in the areas of Communications, Health and Information Technology to both private industry and government agency clients. TRI is currently seeking a dedicated team player to join our Bethesda, MD team.
- Develop, code, install, test, debug, and document Web applications using current .NET and SharePoint 2010/2013 development strategies
- Customize new and existing SharePoint 2010 and 2013 custom solutions through Visual Studio 2012 and SharePoint Designer, to include creation of new workflows, standalone Web parts and BDC objects to allow for real-time views into internal or external databases
- Establish policies and procedures for publishing Web pages and applications in conjunction with content creators
- Excellent understanding of the software development process, including design patterns, requirements analysis, testing, and deployment.
- Conduct research into current and emerging Web technologies and issues in support of Web development efforts
- Develop (code), implement and maintain tools/applications. Ensures applications and systems possess exhibit sufficient controls.
- Perform unit testing prior to moving code/configuration to the QA process. Evaluate and researches upgrades, patches and new functionality. Research defects and solve for root cause.
- Assist in the development and definition of test plans and scripts for performance, regression and user acceptance test plans; support QA activities as required.
- Ensure security of all Web sites and related applications.
- Interact with users, production support and other project team members to understand the business and technical requirements.
- Participate in setting organizational Web development strategy.
- Work with the architecture team to implement best practices and design patterns.
- Minimum of 7+ years of experience in software development (SharePoint and / .Net)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, IT, Engineering, related field
- Current certifications (e.g. MCSD, MCP, etc.) preferred
- 5+ years hands-on experience with SharePoint Platforms (2010, 2013)
- Minimum of 7+ years of experience with software development in Microsoft .Net framework using C# language with strong emphasis on Object Oriented programming and design patterns.
- Analyzes applications for compliance with security protocols.
- Experience with web services and SOA architecture.
- Has a strong background in .NET with SharePoint 2013 Object Model experience.
- Work with database administrator to design, develop, and update databases as they relate to Web applications
- Familiarity with CSS3, HTML5, and Frameworks including Bootstrap vs Foundation
- Deep experience in IT solution delivery and SharePoint Object Model Architecture.
- Senior developer experience in development, facilitation, mentoring and demonstrates the ability to multi-task and use technical & creative problem solving.
- Successful track record of working cross-functionally with different sets of stakeholders and aligning interests in order to ensure success towards a common goal.
- Collaborate with Architecture, Program Management and Infrastructure teams by identifying and providing perspective on key technical issues. Liaise with other IT teams to execute complex application performance and security analysis.
- Excellent knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and law
- Ability to effectively communicate, written and orally, with other team members.
- Self-motivated to conduct research into emerging Internet technologies and programming languages
- Eagerly presents ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Keen attention to detail
- Proven analytical, problem-solving and mentoring abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Very strong customer service / delivery orientation
Technical Resources International is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by state or local law.