Manager, Software Development
Founded in 1979, Technical Resources International, Inc. (TRI) provides a unique range of support services in the areas of Communications, Health and Information Technology to both private industry and government agency clients. TRI is currently seeking a dedicated team player to join our Bethesda, MD team.
- Lead team of six developers in SharePoint 2010 and ASP.NET 4.0 solutions development
- Develop and enforce development standards and procedures to ensure quality and adherence to project schedules and constraints
- Evaluate and improve IT services and capabilities in system architecture and infrastructure domains
- Develop, code, install, test, debug, and document Web applications using current .NET and SharePoint 2010 development strategies
- Customize new and existing SharePoint 2007 and 2010 solutions through Visual Studio 2010 and SharePoint Designer, to include creation of custom web parts, reports, workflows, pages, and InfoPath forms
- Provide mentoring and in-house training to development staff on best practices and tools
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problems with existing Web applications and sites
- Conduct research into current and emerging Web technologies and issues in support of Web development efforts
- Ensure security of all Web sites and related applications
- Perform periodic Web site audits
- Interact with users, production support and other project team members to understand the business and technical requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related discipline. Masters degree preferred.
- Current certifications (e.g. MCSD, MCP, etc) strongly preferred.
- Practical experience with CMMI, ITIL and ISO 20000 strongly preferred.
- 10 years experience and strong understanding of Internet applications development using.NET and SharePoint. NOTE: this is not SharePoint Administration using browser administration console, but actual programming. SharePoint 2010 experience required.
- 5 years experience managing software development using SCRUM and/or other Agile methodology. Experience with RUP and other methodologies strongly preferred.
- Experience with SOA and ASP.NET web service implementations required
- Experience working with K2 BlackPearl or K2 BlackPoint strongly preferred
- Preferred knowledge of database development, including Oracle 10 and SQL Server 2008