Senior Scientist, Advanced Research - Open Innovation (West Coast)
Introduce new innovative technologies from the academic, start up and biotech environment to be developed in partnership within L’Oréal R&I for cosmetic benefits particularly in the area of skin microbiome. The individual is expected to prioritize and champion technologies based on strong alignment with internal prioritized needs and technical value proposition. Thus, this high visibility position entails frequent presentation to internal stakeholders to share proposals, results and recommendations.
- Identify and highlight new scientific trends in biotech such as microbiome research, synthetic biology, natural extracts coming from different channels: academic, startup, incubators, CROs
- Translate those opportunities to develop new projects leveraging internal/external capabilities for applications in skin and hair
- Manage portfolio of research and co-development programs with external partners
- Stay current on novel biotech ideas/venture by reading the scientific literature, visiting incubators and attending conferences
- Work closely with clinical team to accelerate evaluation and adoption on external proposition
- Work closely with technical leaders in CRC, US R&I and Advanced Research group internationally to ensure positioning and smooth internalization of new technologies
- Work closely with safety, patent, regulatory departments to ensure feasibility of technologies
- Supports efforts to develop scientific communication (abstracts, presentation, manuscript for publication etc.)
- At least 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Highly motivated scientist with PhD in biology, chemical biology, biochemistry or bioengineering
- Experience in microbiology, synthetic biology, metabolic engineering or natural extracts a plus
- Excellent organization, communication, interpersonal, and computer skills
- Enjoy working in a dynamic, challenging, and diverse environment
- Ability to collaborate well in matrix international team
- Independent critical thinker, problem solver
- Interest in cosmetic/personal care
- Multi language skills a Plus.
- Willing to travel domestically and internationally (~20%)
- Must be legally eligible to work in the US on an ongoing basis
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.