Scientist I, Cell Biology
Other Locations:US- CA- San Francisco- Owens Street Quanticel
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
Celgene Quanticel Research is seeking a highly motivated research scientist to join the cell and molecular biology group. The successful candidate will develop in vitro and in vivo cancer models for various solid tumor indications. She/he will also contribute to different drug programs by performing cell-based assays for efficacy studies.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop xenograft and 3D organoid models for various solid tumors (pancreatic, colorectal, brain and/or lung cancers) from patient samples.
- Molecular characterization of patient tumor, xenograft and organoid models at bulk and single cell level.
- Perform cell-based assays on organoids to support small molecule drug programs.
- Ph.D. in a scientific discipline with at least 2 years of work experience, preferred; Master's degree with at least 8 years work experience; or, Bachelor's degree with at least 10 years work experience. Candidates with industry experience are strongly preferred.
- Strong scientific knowledge and research experience in cancer biology of solid tumors (pancreatic, colorectal and/or lung cancer) is required.
- Must have extensive hands-on experience in xenograft creation in animal model, organoid development in 3D culture system and cell-based assays using cancer in vitro models. Ex vivo cell cultures and/or tissue slices is a plus.
- Hands-on experience of flow cytometry; sample analysis and cell sorting.
- Experience with in vitro efficacy studies using small molecules.
- Excellent experimental design, troubleshooting, and data analysis skills.
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills
- Ability to work well as an individual and in a team environment
- Strong verbal and writing communication skills
- Microsoft Office, Prism; bioinformatics analysis skill is a plus.
BIO-USCelgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.