Sr/Research Associate/Associate Scientist, Antibody Discovery
SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
Reports to the lead Scientist for antibody phage display as part of a team to discover novel therapeutic antibodies for cancer treatment. The ideal candidate will be experienced with phage display, or similar antibody selection technology. Experience with bacterial and mammalian cell cultures is highly desirable. Expertise in molecular biology, flow cytometry, antibody sequence analysis, and exposure to high-throughput screening for drug development, is preferred. The successful candidate will perform a range of duties critical to our antibody discovery process. Primary responsibilities include:
- Antibody phage display selections.
- Screening of phage-selected antibody fragments for a range of characteristics, including antigen binding by ELISA and Flow Cytometry, and V-Gene sequence.
- Cloning of antibody fragments and antibodies into expression vectors.
- Maintenance of mammalian cell cultures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Manage and conduct phage display experiments including sample preparation, binding assays and DNA sequence analysis.
- Maintain adherent and suspension mammalian cell cultures.
- Analyze, collate and present antibody characterization data to facilitate antibody lead selection.
- Conduct molecular biology activities involved in antibody library generation and/or reformatting (e.g. PCR, molecular cloning, etc).
- Assist with other molecular biology activities as required.
- Collaborate with teams to ensure timely progression of research projects, prioritize projects and resource utilization.
Bachelor’s degree in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or related life sciences field. Master’s preferred.
- Minimum 2-5 years of relevant industry experience in drug discovery environment.
- Experience with phage display or related antibody library selection technique.
- Experience with bacterial and mammalian cell cultures.
- Experience with antibody binding screens, molecular biology and antibody sequence analysis.
- Working knowledge of protein/antibody structure and function.
- Must be highly self-motivated, detail-oriented and well organized.
- Must be prepared to show US work authorization
- Thoughtful experimental design and comprehensive record keeping.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and activities.
- Ability to work independently; proactively address issues and troubleshoot problems.
- Maintain excellent working relationships with colleagues and collaborators.