Associate Director, Antibody Discovery Bioanalytics
The Tri-Institutional Therapeutics Discovery Institute (Tri-I TDI) seeks a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual to lead efforts in the analytical and biophysical characterization of antibodies and antibody-based therapeutics. The Tri-I TDI, a partnership of Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, The Rockefeller University, and Weill Cornell Medicine, links researchers in basic and clinical science with experts in drug discovery from the biotech and pharmaceutical industries, with the goal of more efficiently translating discoveries into therapies for disease. The bioanalytical effort will support exploratory and advanced projects across the biologics discovery portfolio through bioanalytical and biophysical characterization, as well as developability assessment of lead molecules. The Associate Director will also have project management responsibilities; work closely with industrial partners, contract research organizations and academic collaborators, and present progress reports to the project teams.
- Establishes and leads efforts to provide bioanalytical support of the TDI biologics discovery portfolio.
- Identifies, develops and implements analytical methods to profile the biophysical and biochemical properties of lead molecules in support of lead optimization efforts.
- Defines and establishes stage appropriate developability testing.
- Provides technical training as needed in a broad range of protein characterization techniques including mass spectrometry, SPR, analytical chromatography, electrophoresis, calorimetric and other physiochemical techniques.
- Coordinates activities at contract research organizations to carry out bioanalytical profiling and manufacturability assessment of lead candidates from the biologics discovery portfolio
- Manages projects from the biologics discovery portfolio in close collaboration with the industry partner and the principal investigators at the academic institutions.
- Submits progress reports and presents project updates at meetings with the principal investigators and the Tri-I TDI leadership team.
- Keeps current with literature and emerging trends in the discipline.
- PhD degree in protein chemistry, biochemistry, or related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of related experience, preferably in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry.
- Experience in biologics drug discovery and pre-clinical development.
- Demonstrated track record with publications or patents.
- Expertise in project planning and management.
Skill and Abilities
- In-depth knowledge of state-of-the-art technologies and methods for analytical and biophysical characterization of antibodies and proteins.
- In-depth knowledge of antibody discovery and pre-clinical development.
- Critical independent thinking, prioritization of tasks, strong problem-solving and excellent communication skills.
Timely delivery of team goals and ability to build productive relationships with colleagues