Senior Scientist/Principal Scientist, Biologics
This is an exciting opportunity to be a key contributor at ChemPartner, a leading Shanghai based Contract Research Organization specializing in drug discovery services. As more and more Pharma and Biotech companies look for alliance partners to increasingly provide intellectual contributions and exceptional technical expertise, ChemPartner is uniquely positioned to not only be a LifeScience CRO, but to be a pharmaceutical alliance partner. With a team of over 2000 experienced scientists, hundreds of western-trained pharmaceutical industry leaders, and experienced Pharmaceutical Executive Leadership at the helm, ChemPartner is aligned and dedicated to technically and strategically accomplish the research initiatives of Pharma and Biotech companies from around the world. Further information can be found on our website at www.chempartner.com
This position will be based at ChemPartner’s South San Francisco facility with an occasional trip to Shanghai, China.
We are seeking a motivated scientist to lead functional cell based assay development activities to support discovery, screening, ranking and/or characterization of lead drug candidates. In addition to evaluating target biology, reviewing literature, providing key technical input and reducing relevant techniques to practice, the individual will be a key member of project team meetings and serve as liaison between the clients and the Biologics or Biology departments in Shanghai ChemPartner. The successful candidate must possess a combination of strong technical, communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with a geographically diverse team across a broad range of biological targets and therapeutic areas.
ChemPartner offers a strong compensation package including salary, 401(k) and comprehensive benefits.
- Develop target specific functional assays to support project goals, including FACS, ELISA, cytokine release, signaling, proliferation and cytotoxicity assays
- Draft proposals for functional assay development activities that will be developed and/or executed from the ChemPartner South San Francisco site
- Manage and mentor junior level scientists and visiting scientists from Shanghai in assay development and troubleshooting efforts
- Manage daily biology lab activities, including managing, maintaining and procuring equipment, setting up service contracts, performing biology lab safety audits and serving as point of contact for biology labs and equipment needs
- Work collaboratively with client to define design goals, draft custom study proposals and work plans, and provide recommendations on drug discovery strategy
- Lead cross functional drug discovery teams, including coordinating meetings, presenting technical updates to clients and documenting discussions and action items in minutes
- Meet regularly with project teams to discuss progress, troubleshoot technical issues and ensure project tracks with time lines
- Support Business Development efforts by presenting ChemPartner Biology and/or Biologics capabilities to new clients
Ph.D. with 5+ years industrial experience for Senior Scientist or 8-10+ years industrial experience for Principal Scientist or MS/BS with 12+ years industry experience in small and/or large molecule drug discovery with expertise in immunology, molecular biology, biological sciences or related field.
Highly motivated scientist with demonstrated ability to develop, troubleshoot and execute cell based functional assays, including immune cell assays.
Experience working with primary cells, including iPSCs and differentiation techniques is a plus.
Strong communication skills, both oral and written, in English. Ability to communicate in Mandarin would be advantageous, although not imperative.
Ability to multi-task and execute a diverse set of activities in a changing environment, often under time pressure.
With a mature, self-confident and well-balanced personality, it is essential that the candidate also possess a high standard of ethical and intellectual integrity.
To apply, please send your resume to CPfirstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number 17005 in the subject line.