Associate Scientist – Protein Analytics
At Adimab, we leverage our proprietary yeast-based antibody discovery and optimization platform to provide the biopharmaceutical industry with human therapeutic antibodies of the highest quality. We partner with top-tier pharmaceutical companies, progressive academic institutions, and innovative biotechnology companies who share our passion for bringing best-in-class molecules to patients.
Adimab has established antibody discovery collaborations with many leading pharmaceutical companies, such as Merck, Novo Nordisk, Biogen, GSK, Roche, Novartis, Eli Lilly, Genentech, Celgene, Gilead, Kyowa Hakko Kirin, Takeda, and Sanofi. The Adimab antibody discovery and optimization platform has been internalized by several pharma partners; Adi-inside partners include Merck, Novo Nordisk, Biogen, and GSK. In addition, Adimab has partnered with several smaller publicly traded companies, such as Acceleron, Merrimack Pharmaceuticals, Kite, and Five Prime, as well as leading venture-backed companies including Jounce, Mersana, Alector, Arsanis, Surface Oncology, Potenza, Tizona, Tusk, and several academic institutions such as Memorial Sloan Kettering and MD Anderson.
We are seeking an experienced biochemist with hands-on knowledge of biophysical characterization of proteins to join our team as an Associate Scientist. The successful candidate will be responsible for performing in vitro kinetic assays with purified antibodies and antigens using BLI, Biacore, and solution equilibrium titrations. In addition, as a member of our Protein Analytics team, the candidate would be expected to perform stability studies as well as analytical chromatographic and light scattering techniques to help our antibody discovery team identify potential therapeutic leads.
- Oversee and perform reagent quality control procedures, including sample stability treatments and ForteBio kinetics and binning
- Conduct biotinylation and degree of labeling
- Meticulously track reagents across numerous projects simultaneously
- Perform Size Exclusion Chromatography on a high volume of proteins
- Collect, organize, analyze, and interpret antibody characterization data
- Successfully collaborate with colleagues
Needed upon hire
- Master’s degree in biochemistry or equivalent practical experience
- 2-5 years of industry experience preferred
- Ability to pay close attention to detail while handling simultaneous projects in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated self-starter, highly motivated, with excellent organizational skills
- Excellent quantitative skills with a mastery of Excel
- Passionate about research demonstrated by reading scientific literature
- Demonstrated success collaborating with internal and external team members
Our integrated antibody discovery and optimization platform provides unprecedented speed from antigen to purified, full-length human IgGs. We offer fundamental advantages by delivering diverse panels of therapeutically relevant antibodies that meet the most aggressive standards for affinity, epitope coverage, species cross-reactivity, and developability. We enable our partners to rapidly expand their biologics pipelines through a broad spectrum of technology access arrangements.
As a profitable privately-held biotech company, we take a long-term view on value creation and make substantial investments in technology development, research, and our people. We proudly promote meritocracy and reward employees who are productive, use their resources wisely, and make meaningful contributions to the team. We offer individually tailored compensation packages comprised of competitive salary, equity, a 2:1 401(k) match, and comprehensive health care benefits.
Located in New Hampshire’s beautiful Upper Connecticut River Valley, Adimab is minutes from Dartmouth College, the Geisel School of Medicine, the Thayer School of Engineering, the Tuck School of Business, and the Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center. We are fortunate to be situated in an area that is renowned for its premier skiing, hiking, kayaking, and biking.