Membrane Protein Scientist
At Adimab, we leverage our proprietary yeast-based antibody discovery and optimization platform to provide the biopharmaceutical industry with human therapeutic antibodies of the highest quality. We partner with top-tier pharmaceutical companies, progressive academic institutions, and innovative biotechnology companies who share our passion for bringing best-in-class molecules to patients.
In collaboration with our partners, we have initiated over 150 therapeutic programs. Our partners include GSK, Merck, Roche, Novartis, Eli Lilly, Genentech, Biogen, Novo Nordisk, Gilead, Kyowa Hakko Kirin, Pfizer, Sanofi, Celgene, Acceleron, Merrimack, Innovent, Oncothyreon, Surface Oncology, Potenza, Arsanis, Jounce, Five Prime Therapeutics, Alector, MD Anderson, Memorial Sloan Kettering, and more.
We are seeking an experienced scientist to join our Antibody Discovery group. The successful candidate will have prior experience with solubilization, purification, and stabilization of highly integrated membrane proteins, for example G-protein coupled receptors (GPCRs), as well as protein engineering using display systems (yeast, phage, or mammalian). Candidates with experience in structure-based protein engineering are especially encouraged to apply. Particular application areas for this role include development of selection reagents suitable for antibody discovery and optimization for membrane protein targets. The position will be located in Lebanon, NH and will interface closely with a team of scientists from Antibody Discovery, Protein Analytics, and High-throughput Expression.
- Development of reagents suitable for membrane protein antibody discovery, including detergent-solubilized purified membrane proteins and crude membrane preparations
- Further develop and optimize Adimab’s ability to purify, formulate, and properly present integral membrane proteins during selections
- Execute Adimab’s antibody discovery and optimization platform and coordinate projects with Adimab’s collaborators and partners
- Interpret data and present work at both internal and external meetings
- Collaborate and work respectfully with colleagues
Needed upon hire
- Ph.D. in Biophysics, Structural Biology, Protein Chemistry, or a related field
- Hands-on experience with membrane protein extraction and purification
- Advanced knowledge of protein structure and application to protein engineering
- Strong track record of research accomplishments with two or more scientific journal publications in the area of membrane protein purification and characterization or three-dimensional structure determination
- Familiarity with display systems (yeast, phage, or mammalian)
- Adaptable and productive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate effectively and openly with colleagues and supervisors
- Demonstrated independent thought and creativity in science
Our integrated antibody discovery and optimization platform provides unprecedented speed from antigen to purified, full-length human IgGs. We offer fundamental advantages by delivering diverse panels of therapeutically relevant antibodies that meet the most aggressive standards for affinity, epitope coverage, species cross-reactivity, and developability. We enable our partners to rapidly expand their biologics pipelines through a broad spectrum of technology access arrangements.
As a profitable privately-held biotech company, we take a long-term view on value creation and make substantial investments in technology development, research, and our people. We proudly promote meritocracy and reward employees who are productive, use their resources wisely, and make meaningful contributions to the team. We offer individually tailored compensation packages comprised of competitive salary, equity, a 2:1 401(k) match, and comprehensive health care benefits.
Located in New Hampshire’s beautiful Upper Connecticut River Valley, Adimab is minutes from Dartmouth College, the Geisel School of Medicine, the Thayer School of Engineering, the Tuck School of Business, and the Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center. We are fortunate to be situated in an area that is renowned for its premier skiing, hiking, kayaking, and biking.
For more information, visit http://www.adimab.com.