Regional Manager-Spine Osteobiologics
Aziyo Biologics, Inc. was formed by HighCape Partners and Tissue Banks International, with the mission of restoring health and mobility to the greatest number of patients. Our vision is to impact healthcare through innovation of new solutions that expand the possibilities of regenerative medicine. We partner with our clients to develop and deliver customized tissue products for use in orthopedic, spinal, sports medicine and dermal applications. For more information please visit aziyobio.com.
This position is a key member of the Aziyo sales team and as such is involved in achieving the Company’s long and short- term goals and objectives.
Specifically, this position is responsible for achieving sales revenue goals for Aziyo osteobiologic products through distributor/independent representative organizations (IRO’s) into the Spinal surgery market. This individual is responsible for identifying, onboarding and driving sales of focus tissues through IRO sales partners. This individual will be the specialist in the Aziyo osteobiologic portfolio and procedures in which they are used exhibiting proficiency in giving educational presentations to IRO representatives, surgeons and hospitals. They will be responsible for administrative needs in support of these sales and other tasks as may be assigned.
Position reports to Vice President, Sales.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Meet pre-established revenue expectations for the osteobiologic product portfolio
- Create and execute sales strategies which include managing sales of existing distribution business and increasing market penetration by growing the distribution sales channel in the territory
- Interact with customer service, operations and distribution services in order to exceeding customer/partner expectations.
- Manage hospital approval processes
- Aid Finance and Customer Service in resolving delinquent accounts
- Train IRO representatives on Aziyo tissues
- Work with Customer Service to manage consignment tissues
- Participate with IRO representatives in presentations to surgeons and hospitals
- Report on activities to Vice President, Sales as to exhibit progress toward revenue goals.
- Be voice of the customer in collaborating with the product development, customer service and operations teams with the goal of meeting the needs of current and prospective customers
- BA or BS or higher in a relevant degree program such as business management, marketing, or life science
Experience and Skills:
- 7 years of demonstrated success in spinal implant and/or osteobiologics sales and business development roles
- 5 years of experience in managing distributors within the spinal implant and orthobiologics space
- Demonstrated success in exceeding sales targets required including “out-of-the box” thinking and approach to new and established markets
- Demonstrated experience selling a 361 (tissue) product line a plus
- Ability to understand and communicate science and technology in support of Company’s products and services; flexibility and approach dependent upon audience
- Demonstrated success establishing and partnering with IRO’s
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and prioritize work appropriately with a focus on achieving revenue objectives
- Strong communication (written, oral and interpersonal) and presentation skills. Must have demonstrated experience presenting to diverse audiences
- Excellent judgment and decision making capabilities while working independently
- Ability to work collaboratively with various internal departments and leaders
- Ability to drive results through partnership, mutual respect and trust
- This position will be field based with extensive travel expected as needed to support customers and sales activities.
- Other tasks as assigned