Senior Research Associate
Apex Life Sciences is looking for a Senior Research Associate to join one of the top biotech companies in Seattle! Please see below for details and contact Daniel at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested!
- Execution of multiplexed cell-based assays (killing assays, mixed lymphocyte reactions, proliferation assays, etc.).
- Execution of multiparameter flow cytometry (Phenotypic, functional assays, etc.).
- Data analysis and reporting with an emphasis on fast and high quality data turnaround.
- Improving current process and methods run within the assay core group and develop new technology to increase throughput and efficiency. This will include lab execution methods and data analysis.
- Partnering with Method Development groups, Data Automation groups, and Process Development groups to support assay development, and transfer.
- Timely and thorough documentation and completion of electronic laboratory notebooks.
- Author reports detailing experimental work and summarizing results.
- Order, track, maintain inventory of lab supplies and reagents.
- Develops solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Normally works under very general supervision.
- Work is reviewed for soundness of judgement and overall adequacy and accuracy.
- Solid knowledge of immunology and cell biology techniques and data analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work both independently and in cross functional teams, meet deadlines, and prioritize multiple projects.
- Demonstrated experience with aseptic cell culture, cell-based assays, or flow cytometry.
- Experience working in a self-driven, performance/results oriented, fast paced matrix environment.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Proficiency utilizing MS Office products.
- Working knowledge of statistical software (R, JMP, Minitab) is preferred.
- Able to creatively manage time and elevate relevant issues to AC manager
- Strong scientific and technical writing and presentations.
- Detail oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexibility to work rotating offset shifts (early morning, evening and/or weekend shifts).
- Understanding of theoretical basis and experimental objectives and how they fit into overall project goals.
- Proficient in data analysis and can draw scientific conclusions with minimal guidance.
- Requires Bachelor's Degree; Masters preferred; between 3-6 years experience.