Director, Market Research & Competitive Intelligence Analytics
The Director/Leader of Market Research, Competitive Intelligence and Analytics will lead the market, customer and competitive insight generation efforts that inform Arena product strategy.
What You'll Dive Into
• Commercial Strategy: Work closely with brand and product development teams to define global brand strategy including buying process, segmentation, positioning, value proposition/messaging and branding.
• Insight Generation: Help define and build Arena insight generation capabilities that will Identify and communicate insights, strategic business implications and actionable recommendations to support development programs and overall portfolio decisions.
• Primary Market Research: Manage design, execution and analysis of primary market research across all target audiences including vendor selection and management.
• Secondary Data Mining and Analysis: Leverage secondary data sources to generate comprehensive market, customer and competitive insights.
• Competitive Intelligence: Create and execute process to closely monitor and report market and competitor events and implications to ensure senior leadership has the tools to make informed, objective decisions.
• Forecasting and Valuation: Provide analytical and modeling support to inform global and country specific opportunity assessments and forecasts.
What We Expect
• Bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred
• 5+ years of pharmaceutical or biotech experience
• Significant experience conducting competitive intelligence and analysis in the biotech/pharma industry
• Significant experience conducting primary (qualitative and quantitative) and secondary market research with physicians, patients and payers across several therapeutic areas
• Significant experience development brand strategies including buying process, segmentation and positioning for biotech products
• Extensive knowledge of secondary data sources
• Expert knowledge of qualitative and quantitative market research methodologies and applications
• Expert understanding of data sources in the biopharmaceutical industry including IMS, Decision Resources, Data Monitor, Evaluate Pharma, Cortellis, etc.
• Expert knowledge of forecast and valuation development and methodologies including Crystal Ball, Monte Carlo, etc.
• Strong working knowledge and experience with marketing strategy development and associated frameworks/tools
• Experience working with cross-functional global product (strategy) teams
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to present research results in a clear and concise manner to all levels of the organization
What You’ll Get
• To be a part a growing company and fantastic team passionate about developing novel drug therapies to improve people’s lives
• Opportunities to learn and contribute creative solutions
• Comprehensive health insurance ($0 premium on select medical plans)
• Matching 401k retirement plan
• Paid time off and holidays including a Summer & Winter break
• Company celebrations
Arena celebrates and supports our differences and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Arena is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.