Associate Director, Quality
Reporting to the Director of Technology Transfer, the Associate Director, Quality will be a key member of the Ripple team. This position will work cross-functionally to ensure a strong foundation of Quality as we continue to rapidly expand our business. Their work will guarantee that our products deliver an amazing experience for every Ripple consumer, just as they are designed to do!
- Spearhead all efforts in setting Ripple’s strategy for food safety, product quality and vendor quality.
- Work with other members of the quality group and the organization to ensure tactical execution of document control, quality protocols and SOPs to minimize risk to the business.
- Lead all quality assurance audits at 3rd party partners and manage on-going CAPA.
- Manage all quality related communication including reporting to the executive team.
- Provide Ripple Leadership with the insights and recommendations to ensure we have the very best product that delivers on our brand promise.
- Stay current on industry compliance standards, legislation, and trends, and recommend actions to ensure ongoing compliance.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Over time, recruit, train and manage a team to help scale Ripple’s Quality team.
REQUIRED CAPABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- 7-10 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Food safety management systems
- Deep knowledge and experience in defining and managing Quality systems in a 3rd party manufacturing environment
- Internal program development and management expertise
- Experience with early stage CPG company
- Ability to solve complex problems; solid analytical skills; experience with scientific methods and experimental design
- An analytical thinker with a “Can Do!” attitude
- Up to 20% of travel required
- Experience with high protein, low acid products (ESL and LACF)
- Experience with fermented/cultured products
- FSMA Preventive Controls Qualified Individual (PCQI)
- HACCP Certification
- Food Handling Certification
- Strong knowledge of statistics
- Six Sigma Certification (especially related to Manufacturing SPC)
- Experience with auditing NOP, GF, Non-GMO, Kosher, Allergen, GFSI (SQF)