Research Associate - Pharmacokinetics
NGM Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. is a private biotech company dedicated to discovering and developing the next generation of medicines for the treatment of serious diseases. Our experienced scientific team has joined forces with an impressive group of industry professionals, Nobel Laureates and other distinguished researchers to form a company where innovation and cutting-edge science has provided the foundation for a robust drug discovery engine. To date, NGM Bio has generated a pipeline of six drug candidates in various stages of development, including NGM282 that recently demonstrated proof-of-concept in a Phase 2 study in non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH). We have many more in preclinical development. In 2015, we entered into a broad, strategic collaboration with Merck that will provide us with the resources and flexibility to pursue our ambitious R&D goals and further extend our pipeline of novel drug candidates.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated Research Associate/Senior Research Associate to join our Pharmacokinetics and Clinical Pharmacology Group. The Research Associate/Senior Research Associate will conduct preclinical pharmacokinetic studies to support drug candidate selection and early preclinical drug development activities in-house and at contract research organizations.
- Plan, monitor and conduct preclinical pharmacokinetic studies to support drug candidate selection and early preclinical drug development activities in-house and at contract research organizations
- Analyze and interpret preclinical pharmacokinetic data to inform the design of preclinical pharmacology and toxicology studies
- Author pharmacokinetic reports and relevant sections of regulatory documents
- Opportunity to serve as pharmacokinetics representative on research project teams
- BS or M.S degree in bioengineering, biochemistry, pharmaceutics, pharmacology, or related discipline
- Minimum 2-year experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry in the area of preclinical drug discover and/or development
- Strong communications (both oral and written) skills and must be detail oriented with strong documentation and organizational skills
- Proven ability to work independently and be self-motivated
- Prior experience in the conduct, analysis and interpretation of in vivo preclinical pharmacokinetic studies preferred
- Prior experience with large molecule (proteins and monoclonal antibody) pharmacokinetics and drug development preferred
South San Francisco, California, United States
NGM offers a creative, collaborative, highly challenging scientific environment, along with a strong compensation package that includes salary, stock options, 401(k) and a comprehensive benefits package.
Interested applicants should click "Apply Now"