Uniquely positioned to enhance quality of life in aging, we are pioneering science that is rapidly being translated to the clinic. Our approaches utilize in vivo, proteomics, and molecular techniques to identify therapeutics and apply them to patients.
We are seeking a highly motivated and driven Programmer Analyst who will play an integral role in expanding the informatics efforts at Alkahest. The role will provide primary analytical and database support of large scale proteomics/biomarker studies as well as other biological studies. These studies will involve cutting edge science and the efforts of this role will be pivotal in advancing our therapeutic capabilities. The role requires dedication, flexibility, excellent communication and organization to successfully drive the science and achieve Alkahest’s corporate mission. We offer a competitive compensation package.
- Serve as analytical lead on new and existing data sets
- Develop optimal analytical approaches in collaboration with biostatistics and team members
- Develop automated analysis pipelines for standardized workflows
- Develop end-user tools enabling scientists to process and evaluate their own data
- Develop information systems to capture and share biological insight gathered from internal as well as external efforts
- Ensure completeness, correctness and integrity of analyses and data sets
- Engage external resources to apply cutting edge methodologies and ensure recognition in the scientific community including publications
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s or higher in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, or related field
- Significant experience (4+ years) working with multiple types of biological data and computational environments
- Demonstrated knowledge of bioinformatics principles, tools, and databases
- Scripting skills in languages such as Python, Perl, or R
- Web development skills in frameworks such as Django, Rails, Play or Shiny
- Strong team spirit but also the ability to self-motivate and work independently
- Creative problem solver with the ability to operate in a wide dynamic range of possibilities
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel a plus
- Experience with Mass Spectrometry and/or RNA-Seq data analysis a plus
Please send Cover Letter with CV.