Requirement Analyst (NCI)
The Leidos Biomedical Research, Inc.'s staff of scientific, technical, and support professionals conducts basic and applied research in cancer and AIDS. It operates and manages the federal government's only vaccine manufacturing facilities (VPP, BDP), and runs the high-performance Advanced Biomedical Computing Center. It also operates the Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research, a Federally Funded Research and Development Center focused on cancer and AIDS research. The Leidos Biomedical Research Group’s Biospecimen Research Group (BRG) supports The National Cancer Institute’s (NCI) Biorepositories and Biospecimen Research Branch (BBRB) and are jointly responsible for developing a common biorepository infrastructure that promotes resource sharing and team science, to facilitate multi-institutional, high throughput genomic and proteomic studies. Currently, Leidos Biomed is supporting The National Cancer Institute (NCI) Cancer MoonshotSM Program’s Cancer Moonshot Biobanking program. The NCI’s Cancer Moonshot program is intended to accelerate cancer research in key strategic areas. The strategic areas were deliberated and identified by experts in the cancer research community convened in 2016 through a “Blue Ribbon Panel” (BRP). The BRP produced a set of recommendations that are now publicly available (https://www.cancer.gov/research/key-initiatives/moonshot-cancer-initiative/blue-ribbon-panel). The strategic areas addressed in the BRP recommendations have in common two core elements: 1) critical scientific and medical questions, the answers to which could rapidly accelerate progress in cancer research, and 2) the need for nationwide participation by a diverse group of research participants who have agreed to share their biospecimens and/or derived data for the purpose of contributing to progress in cancer research. The latter element, an engaged and diverse research participant population and their donations of biospecimens and data, will be critical to accelerating research progress and is the subject of the project for which Leidos Biomed is seeking an experienced project manager. The Cancer MoonshotSM Biobank will provide a networked biospecimen resource which will serve the goal of the Cancer Moonshot to accelerate research progress in cancer.
The Requirements Analyst:
- Documents business and technical requirements and processes to formulate and develop new and modified clinical and research oriented information systems
- Defines requirements and business cases for development efforts
- Coordinates with scientific and technology teams ascertaining system requirements, such as program functions, output requirements, input data acquisition, execution of users’ acceptance and may coordinate testing, and system techniques and controls
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Possession of a Bachelor’s degree in biology or health science, science, or computer-science related degree program from an accredited college or university according to the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) (Additional qualifying experience may be substituted for the required education).
- Foreign degrees must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency
- In addition to educational requirements, a minimum of three (3) years progressively responsible job related experience.
- Experience with modern, web-based applications from a user interface and capability perspective
- Experience with structured deployment environments and associated best practices (development, testing, production)
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Professional Experience working as Business Analyst: requirements management and analysis of alternatives
- Experience working with NIST-based security framework
- Experience developing system security plans and strategies
- Experience with SaaS and other Cloud deployment
- Experience with relational databases, SQL
- Data Modeling
- Proficient computer skills
- Proficient written and oral skills and communications with project team members and application users