Associate Director, Medical Affairs Learning and Development
The Associate Director, Medical Affairs Learning and Development is responsible for designing a comprehensive, scientifically based training program for Medical Affairs. This position will be responsible for assessing the training needs of each function and therapeutic area, and guiding the evaluation, development and execution of a comprehensive Medical Affairs training curriculum. This role will report to the Senior Director of Medical Affairs Scientific Services.
- Partner with the therapeutic areas leads and functional heads to determine the learning and development needs of the Medical Affairs organization based on therapeutic area goals, functional area needs, and overall Medical Affairs strategic objectives
- Design a cross-functional training curriculum for both new hires and ongoing learning that enhances the skill, technical/scientific product knowledge, and competency of Medical Affairs personnel
- Collaborate with Medical Affairs subject matter experts or external experts in order to develop disease and product-related training that include a blended approach
- Identify and implement appropriate learning technology solutions to support Medical Affairs training curriculum needs
- Instill a spirit of continuous improvement to consistently enhance/modify existing programs and apply innovative training initiatives and technology platforms
- Represent Learning and Development in regular therapeutic area subteam meetings and MA Strategic Planning discussions in order to incorporate therapeutic area and functional area training needs and objectives and to ensure appropriate prioritization of identified needs
- Ensure awareness of current learning trends within the biopharmaceutical industry and beyond. Establishes best practices for MA Learning and Development
- Bachelor’s Degree required; advanced degree in bioscience/medical discipline highly preferred
- Previous experience identifying and implementing innovative learning solutions preferred
- Experience in pharmaceutical/biotech environment preferred.
- Knowledgeable of adult learning theories and blended learning approaches. Experience with various learning modalities and technologies.
- Clear and effective communicator with the ability to understand and simplify scientific concepts
- Proven strategic agility, with ability to succeed in fast-paced, continually evolving environment
- Demonstrated ability to foster effective working partnerships with various individuals and functions across the company
- Demonstrated skills in project management with the ability to organize complex projects with multiple stakeholders
- A growth mindset that incorporates innovation, creativity and flexibility
The candidate should also demonstrate a leadership style that fits within the Seattle Genetics culture. The successful candidate will demonstrate the highest integrity and ethical behavior, mutual respect for our people, a true passion for science and in making a difference in patient's lives, works collaboratively within teams, uses resources carefully and can build a great place to work and grow within the Medical Affairs team.
Seattle Genetics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.