Biologist-In vivo Pharmacology
The Immunology research group at Lilly Biotechnology Center in San Diego is looking for an In-Vivo Pharmacology Biologist. Our team supports many of the research efforts across the site. Are you experienced with in vivo research models? Do you like to work independently and in teams to get the job done?
We are currently seeking a motivated biologist to work as an integral part of our in vivo pharmacology group. This core group has the main responsibility to develop and validate targets in disease models for the evaluation of novel therapeutics. Do you have experience in the development of small animal models of inflammation and conducting in vivo efficacy studies according to study protocols? You will also have the opportunity to conduct in vitro pharmacology and pharmacokinetic studies. If you work well with a team you will thrive here. You will work with other members of the pharmacology group and interact with various immunology members located at both Lilly Biotechnology Center in San Diego and Lilly Corporate Center in Indianapolis.
You will organize and conduct in vivo experiments. You should be experienced in handling rodents (bleeding techniques, various dosing routes). Surgical experience is not necessary, but desirable. You should also be proficient with basic laboratory techniques and familiar with ELISAs. The atmosphere in the Immunology group at Lilly Biotechnology Center is one of partnership and collaboration. If you take pride in your work and have a meticulous work ethic, this role might be right for you.
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
- Associate degree in biology/immunology/veterinary sciences or similar discipline with 2 or more years of work experience.
- Bachelors Degree in biology/immunology/veterinary sciences or similar discipline with 1 or more years of work experience.
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
- Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
- Experience using Excel for data management and analysis.
- Experience with cell culture techniques.
- Experience performing ELISAs.
- Skilled in dose formulation, animal handling, blood collection, animal surgery, and tissue collection/processing.
- Diligent record keeping.
- Experience with molecular biology.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills. The position will be required to present results in internal meetings.
- Ability to design, analyze, and interpret study results.
- Experience with immunohistochemistry.