Clinical Lab Scientist- Generalist
Our Client, a leading pharmaceutical and diagnostic producer, is seeking a Clinical Lab Scientist to join their team.
SUMMARY Performs pre-analytical and analytical testing, interprets and reports patient results to ordering physicians.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for quality control, testing and reporting of laboratory test results for all test methods approved by CAP, NY and CLIA
- Organizes patient specimen and assay worksheets for testing
- Provides direct and constant guidance to Clinical Laboratory Technicians as required by applicable state and federal regulations
- Assists with technical studies designed to improve or validate clinical laboratory testing methods
- Performs testing on clinical study samples as needed
- Maintains quality control records and reports all problems to laboratory management as required
- Performs materials preparation and qualification on materials and/or instruments used in laboratory operations
- May assist with advanced troubleshooting issues involving equipment and assay performance
- Performs preventative maintenance and calibrations on laboratory equipment
- May assist with training other laboratory personnel
- Prepares laboratory reagents and assay materials according to Standard Operating Procedures
- Monitors reagent and supply inventory and initiates Notice of Expired Materials form
- Monitors equipment preventative maintenance schedule with Metrology and vendors
- Provides input in development of laboratory documents such as Standard Operating Procedures and laboratory forms
- Required to follow all safety procedures, Standard Operating Procedures, Equipment Operating Procedures and policies
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Position generally requires a Bachelors degree with and 0-4 years’ related experience
- LC-MS experience
- Current California CLS license required
- Must maintain continuing education units required by California Department of Health Services
- Experience working in a high complexity CLIA/CAP environment preferred
- Data entry and Microsoft office skills strongly preferred.