In Vivo Research Associate
Our Client is a venture-backed biopharmaceutical company with a transformative platform technology that enables the development of next generation biological therapeutics, with a particular focus on oral, site-specific targeting to the gastrointestinal tract as well as to peripheral biology. The company’s core pipeline therapeutic area strategy is focused on immunology & inflammation and metabolic diseases.
JOB: Senior Research Associate
The successful candidate will be a bench research associate and key member of the Biology Department. The candidate will help to advance programs from Discovery to IND filing.
- Develop and perform in vivo studies.
- Actively participate in team meetings and generate PowerPoint presentations.
- Passion to maintain current scientific knowledge focused on pharmacology, toxicology and molecular pharmacology.
- Comfortable at working independently and managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to be innovative and creatively solve problems on schedule.
- Familiarity with animal model development (oncology, immunology and metabolic diseases).
- Proficiency in designing and executing in vivo PK/PD studies.
- Proficiency with various in vivo skills including dosing (IV, SC, IP, PO), bleeding and harvesting/processing of tissue is a must.
- Proficiency with ELISA, Western blotting and RT-qPCR is a must.
- Expertise in data analysis software: MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, MS Word and GraphPad Prism.
- Outstanding written, verbal, and presentation skills is a must.
- A Bachelor’s/Master’s degree or equivalent experience in pharmacology, physiology, molecular biology, cell biology or relevant degree with at least 4 years of hands-on work experience in a biotech or pharma setting.
- Comfortable working on weekends.