Research Associate – Biology
NGM Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. is a private biotech company dedicated to discovering and developing the next generation of medicines for the treatment of serious diseases. Our experienced scientific team has joined forces with an impressive group of industry professionals, Nobel Laureates and other distinguished researchers to form a company where innovation and cutting-edge science has provided the foundation for a robust drug discovery engine. To date, NGM Bio has generated a pipeline of six drug candidates in various stages of development, including NGM282 that recently demonstrated proof-of-concept in a Phase 2 study in non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH). We have many more in preclinical development. In 2015, we entered into a broad, strategic collaboration with Merck that will provide us with the resources and flexibility to pursue our ambitious R&D goals and further extend our pipeline of novel drug candidates.
The Biology Department is seeking a highly motivated and creative Research Associate to join a high-performance drug target hunting team. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated team player with high-level of scientific curiosity and is enthusiastic about novel discovery.
- Design and perform necessary experiments for target identification and validation
- Establish and optimize in vivo animal models and perform target screening
- Employ modern molecular and cellular techniques to evaluate target function, cell signaling, protein-protein interaction etc.
- Introduce new technology or methodology to enhance research productivity
- Stay abreast of latest scientific and technology advancements in the field
- BS or MS degree in life sciences; 2-3 year of relevant experience in an industry laboratory setting is preferred
- Hands-on experience handling laboratory animals is preferred
- Experience in general molecular biology techniques and tissue culture
- Ability to independently design, troubleshoot, perform and analyze biological experiments
- Experience using data analysis and visualization software such as Excel and GraphPad Prism
- Strong motivation with a dedicated work ethic
- Excellent oral presentation and communication skills
NGM offers a creative, collaborative, highly challenging scientific environment, along with a strong compensation package that includes salary, stock options, 401(k) and a comprehensive benefits package.
Interested applicants should click "Apply"