Scientist – Ocular Biology
NGM Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. is a private biotech company dedicated to discovering and developing the next generation of medicines for the treatment of serious diseases. Our experienced scientific team has joined forces with an impressive group of industry professionals, Nobel Laureates and other distinguished researchers to form a company where innovation and cutting-edge science has provided the foundation for a robust drug discovery engine. To date, NGM Bio has generated a pipeline of six drug candidates in various stages of development, including NGM282 that recently demonstrated proof-of-concept in a Phase 2 study in non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH). We have many more in preclinical development. In 2015, we entered into a broad, strategic collaboration with Merck that will provide us with the resources and flexibility to pursue our ambitious R&D goals and further extend our pipeline of novel drug candidates.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated scientist to join our drug discovery efforts for ocular diseases. A successful candidate is expected to exhibit a combination of molecular/cell biology, biochemistry and in vivo experiences, demonstrated scientific understanding of ophthalmic diseases, and proven ability to acquire new knowledge and skills. A successful candidate would be a key member or a leader of a multidisciplinary and fast-paced drug hunting team. Job title is flexible and commensurable with experience.
- Design and perform research in target discovery and validation for ocular diseases
- Establish and optimize in vivo animal models of ocular diseases and perform compound screening
- Employ modern molecular/cell/biochemistry techniques to elucidate cell signaling, protein-protein interaction, cellular function evaluation, protein and antibody characterization etc.
- Introduce new technology or methodology to enhance research productivity
- Present results to senior management and other research staff
- May supervise other members of the team
- Stay abreast of latest scientific and technology advancements in the field
- Excellent team work and collaboration skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a cross-functional environment
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Independent, innovative and creative thinker
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, changing environment with demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing responsibilities with a high degree of self-motivation.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ of postdoctoral training experience
- Sustained productivity evidenced by high quality publications
- Must exhibit a combination of molecular/cell biology and in vivo experiences, and proven ability to acquire new knowledge and skills.
- Must have research experience in ophthalmic diseases (animal eye surgery, ocular disease modeling etc.)
- Previous industry experience in protein or antibody drug discovery is preferred
NGM offers a creative, collaborative, highly challenging scientific environment, along with a strong compensation package that includes salary, stock options, 401(k) and a comprehensive benefits package.
Interested applicants should apply through the NGM Biopharmaceuticals website: http://www.ngmbio.com/careers/#SilkroadFrame