Research Associate - Nonclinical Safety
NGM Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. is a private biotech company dedicated to discovering and developing the next generation of medicines for the treatment of serious diseases. Our experienced scientific team has joined forces with an impressive group of industry professionals, Nobel Laureates and other distinguished researchers to form a company where innovation and cutting-edge science has provided the foundation for a robust drug discovery engine. To date, NGM Bio has generated a pipeline of six drug candidates in various stages of development, including NGM282 that recently demonstrated proof-of-concept in a Phase 2 study in non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH). We have many more in preclinical development. In 2015, we entered into a broad, strategic collaboration with Merck that will provide us with the resources and flexibility to pursue our ambitious R&D goals and further extend our pipeline of novel drug candidates.
The Nonclinical Development group at NGM is seeking a highly motivated and creative Research Associate to expand our in-house research capabilities. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated team player with a desire to significantly contribute to the advancement of human health, who is detail-oriented and has strong documentation and organizational skills.
- In vivo techniques in the conduct of preclinical studies to support drug candidate nomination
- Ability to develop and conduct in vitro assays as appropriate for novel safety biomarker evaluation
- Ability to establish and optimize assays/models to help inform potential translatability of nonclinical safety findings
- Detail-oriented with strong documentation and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work collaboratively and develop relationships with key stakeholders
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- BS or MS degree in life sciences
- 2+ years of relevant experience in an academic or industry laboratory setting is preferred
- Hands-on experience with in vivo techniques in rodents, including animal dosing and necropsy
- Experience in general cellular and molecular biology techniques and tissue culture
- Proven ability to efficiently execute biological experiments with keen troubleshooting skills
- Experience using data analysis and visualization software such as Excel, JMP and GraphPad Prism
- Proven ability to work independently and be self-motivated
NGM offers a creative, collaborative, highly challenging scientific environment, along with a strong compensation package that includes salary, stock options, 401(k) and a comprehensive benefits package.
Interested applicants should apply through the NGM Biopharmaceuticals website: http://www.ngmbio.com/careers/#SilkroadFrame
South San Francisco, California, United States